038| UNDER ATTACK

July 4, 198519:10Hopper's Cabin

July 4, 1985
19:10
Hopper's Cabin

Teddy sat on the couch, tears dried on her face as she was curled into Max's side, holding her around her torso as she ran his fingers through her hair, trying to calm her down as she thought back to what Billy had told her.

"He said," She sniffled, "That all of it...he was building it all for me."

"He has to mean the flayed." Nancy guessed from her stance by the arm chair causing Lucas to nod as he paced,

"So he's building an army, to what? Kill Teddy?"

The girl shook her head, moving into a sitting position, her shoulder next to Max's as she held her hand tightly, "No. He said that they wanted me on his side. And when they had me, they were going to kill El." She quickly reached out, grabbing onto her sister's hand and squeezing it.

Mike spoke up from where he was next to El, "When El and Teddy closed the gate on him, I bet he got super mad."

Lucas nodded, "Like royally pissed."

"And he know knows only Ten and Eleven can stop him. So if he gets Teddy on his side and takes out El then-"

"Game over." Lucas finished.

"He also said he was going to kill all of you." She looked over all of her friends, their eyes wide at the information.

Max nodded, her braids moving as she said sarcastically, "Yeah, well, that's nice."

Teddy glanced over at the Mayfield girl before looking at the others, "There's more...in his memories I saw...Billy, he's my brother."

The cabin fell silent.

Everyone looked between each other trying to make sure they had heard what the girl had said correctly.

"Wait, wait, wait." Teddy's head turned towards Lucas who had his hands out in a slow down motion, "Hold up. You said that Billy, Billy Hargrove. The one who wants to kill all of is...he's your brother?"

The girl nodded, her mind flashing back to seeing her mother and a younger version of Billy on the beach, "I saw Mama."

It fell silent again, Max and El looking at each other as Teddy leaned her head against Max's shoulder, allowing her to pull her close as she rested his chin on her head. She closed her eyes for a few seconds, still trying to calm down from what she had seen in Billy's memories as everyone tried to take in all the new information.