008| SHADOW WALK

CHAPTER EIGHT
SHADOW WALK•

November 10, 198314:27The Wheeler Home

November 10, 1983
14:27
The Wheeler Home

"What was Will saying?" Mike whispered as to not bother the sleeping Ten who was laid across the couch next to him, still drained from earlier.

The boys were discussing the next stepped. They knew Will was alive, they just didn't know where he was.

"Like home....like home...but dark." Mike mumbled, trying to remember what his friend said over the radio. Eleven glanced at him as he stood, walking around the room from where she sat on the ground, looking over Ten's sleeping body.

"And empty." Lucas mumbled from where he sat on the stairs, still in shock. He was thrilled Will was alive but he couldn't believe it, they saw his body!

Dustin sighed, "Empty and cold. Wait, did he say cold?" He asked the other two causing them to shrug, only Eleven noticing as Ten began to toss and turn in her sleep, her lips moving.

Lucas sat up straight, "I don't know. The stupid radio kept going in and out."

"It's like riddles in the dark." Dustin sighed.

"Like home." Mike paced the room with his hands in his pockets, "Like his house?"

"Or like Hawkins!"

Eleven furrowed her eyebrows as she thought back to what Ten had said a few days, "Upside down." She told the boys causing them to all look at her.

Lucas frowned at the girl, "What'd she say?"

"Upside down." Mike repeated looking at El who only nodded before looking back over at Teddy who was still turning in her sleep.

"What?" Lucas questioned as Mike made his way over to the table with the board on it.

"Upside down. When Ten showed us where Will was, she flipped the board over, remember?" Mike turned the board over so it was facing the normal way before turning it over, the other boys rushing over to him, "Upside down. Dark. Empty."

"Do you understand what he's talking about?" Lucas asked Dustin who shook his head.

"No."

Mike rolled his eyes, upset his two friends weren't understanding, "Guys come on. When Teddy took us to find Will, she took us to his house, right?"

"Yeah." Lucas said like it was obvious, "And he wasn't there."

"But what if he was there? What if we just couldn't see him?" Mike reasoned, looking down at the turned over board, "What if he was on the other side?"