028| MATERIAL GIRL

June 30, 198514:28Starcourt Mall

June 30, 1985
14:28
Starcourt Mall

After a bus ride much like the one Teddy had been on to go find Ron in Michigan, she followed after Max and El as they stopped in front of a huge building with a large neon sign.

Starcourt Mall

Max had started forward towards the doors but stopped when she realized the sisters weren't following her, that they were still standing by the bus. El in awe, and Teddy with worry written across her face.

"Hey," Max carefully took Teddy's hand, "What's wrong."

Teddy shook her head, looking around, "Too many people."

"Hopper's rules." El clarified

Max nodded before looking back at Teddy, "Hey, it's gonna be okay. Listen to me, you and El both have superpowers and if anything goes wrong you got me to protect you." Teddy chuckled at that, her worry going away, "What's the worse that can happen, hmm? Now come on!"

The tall girl then allowed herself to be dragged in by the taller girl with El right beside them, pushing through the doors and into the huge mall. Teddy was in shock as she looked around at all the people and stores, she had never seen anything as big as this place.

"So, what should we do first?" Max asked before looking at the two girls who still had shock on their faces, "You've never been shopping before, have you? Well, then I guess we'll have to try everything. This way!" She then raced towards a large red store filled with fake people and clothes, the two sisters grabbing hands before running after her.

"This," Max held her hands up in a motion to the store, "Is where we can get you some new clothes. Ya know, stuff you like."

"Like?" El asked, looking at multicolored hats as Teddy ran her hands along the different fabrics on shirts.

"Yeah," She heard Max's voice, "Stuff you like. Not Mike. Definitely not Hopper. Whatever you like." Teddy glanced over the rack, shooting a large smile at Max who she found was already looking at her.

El then appeared, different hats and belts thrown all across her body that she eagerly held up to Teddy wanting to see what she thought. The blonde looked over everything in El's hands before grabbing a yellow hat from her left arm and placing it on the brunette's head causing them both to smile before El ran off again.

Teddy then wandered over to a rack of multicolored sweaters, smiling as she felt how soft they were before pulling one that was pink and blue, looking over the bright colors with wide eyes. She then quickly grabbed a yellow and green one before running over to the shorts section where she found some light blue and yellow shorts.