chapter 26

-october 29th 1984-

-352 days without eleven-

-reader's pov-

"hey and look el," I spoke into my walkie knowing nobody was on the other side of the line, "it's even got my biological parent's names on it!"

my eyes searched the file for any more information that I must've read at least a billion times by now to tell eleven. eleven who I imagined was on the other side of this call. this call that I must've shared at least a billion times with absolutely nobody but myself.

—————————————————————

'subject: 013
date of birth: y/b/d 1971
mother's name: y/m/n
father's name: y/d/n
abilities: ?

subject 013 escaped the lab with the help of her father at birth, after her mother 'accidentally' died whilst in labour. y/d/n was shot dead shortly after freeing 013 but now we no longer have record of 013's being. she is presumed dead.

[A REPLACEMENT HAS BEEN FOUND FOR THE MISSING EXPERIMENT]'

—————————————————————

"y/n? who the hell are you talking to?!" dustin's static voice came over my walkie, pulling me from my reverie.

"oh, um.. no one.." I quickly excused whilst fiddling with the corner of a blanket in el's fort.

"ugh, well anyways, lucas and I have six bucks total, what's your haul?" dustin replied.

"oh um I dunno.. like 3.50 or somethin?" I answered whilst pulling myself up from the fort to retrieve my
bike from the garage.

"alright, just hurry up and get you and your brother's asses at the arcade asap." dustin said before hanging up.

I sprinted up the basement stairs with my packed backpack to find nancy leaping down the stairs after mike.

"what the fu-" I began but was cut off.

"CMON Y/N!" yelled mike as he grabbed me by my wrist and tugged me out of the front door.

he then ran to his bike whilst I pulled my own towards me with my telekinesis. the very next second nancy came crashing through the door.

"MIKE!" she shouted before breaking into a sprint, chasing mike and I, who were already speeding half way down the driveway, "MIKE!!" she had now skidded to a halt and was watching us cycle away into the dark, starry night, "ASSHOLES!"

a light snicker escaped my lips at her insult before I turned to mike, "you steal her money? again?" I asked.

"hmm... maybe." he said with a cocky smirk.

"cheeky bastard." I chuckled whilst we both turned a corner, in the direction of the arcade.

———————————

my foot tapped along to the tune of 'whip it' by 'devo' in the arcade that reeked of cheese puffs.

"oh, jesus!" exclaimed dustin as his fingers rapidly increased pace at tapping on the crummy arcade machine, "I'm in uncharted territory here guys!-"

"-down down down!" we all interrupted at the sight of dustin's character being in a dangerous position.

"I'm going! I'm going!" he snapped back before pulling on the toggle.

all of our faces lit up in delight as the character began to run for the sword. so many demands escaped all of our lips at once it all just formed into one big, verbal mess.

dustin vigorously tapped on the sword button to only be met with his character being set aflame by the dragon's fiery breath.

"no! no! NO!" dustin groaned as we were all forced to watch his character fade into a skeleton before his bones tumbled to the floor, "I hate this overpriced piece of bullshit!" dustin started to thump his fists angrily at the machine.

"you're just not nimble enough," lucas tutted in an attempt to wind up dustin, "but you'll get there one day, but until then, princess daphne is still mine."

"whatever," dustin rolled his eyes, "I'm still tops on centipede and dig dug."

"you sure about that?" a cheese
puff-smelling voice approached from the distance.

"sure about what?" dustin asked keith the arcade guy, who was of course munching on cheese puffs, his signature move.

"you're kidding me, no, no, no!" dustin spoke in a worried voice whilst running over to the dig dug machine. only to find that he was now in second place and a player with the name of 'mad max' was in first.

"751,300 points!" will exclaimed with wide eyes.

"that's impossible!" mike cried out.

"holy shit.." I then muttered under my breath.

"who- who's mad max?" dustin stammered to keith.

"better than you." he smugly replied.

"is it you?" dustin angrily inquired.

"pfft! you know I despise dig dug!" scoffed keith.

"then who is it?" lucas asked.

"yeah spill it keith!" dustin added.

"you want information, then I need something in return." keith stuffed another handful of cheesits into his gob before all eyes fell to mike and I.

"no! no! no!" we both exclaimed, "you're not getting a date with nancy!"

"oh cmon you two!" lucas pleaded.

"I'm not prostituting my sister!" mike replied.

"but it's for a good cause-" lucas began.

"-no, don't get him the date, y'know what?" dustin interrupted, "he's gonna spread his nasty-ass rash to your whole family."

"acne isn't a rash and it isn't contagious, you prepubescent wastoid." keith fired back.

"oh, I'm a wastoid?" dustin retorted, "she wouldn't go on a date with you. you make like what, 2.50 an hour?"

"nice perm." keith insulted.

"gonna make fun of my hair?" dustin spat back.

the arguing continued for another good 3 minutes until mike realised that will had wondered off outside so he went out after him. he shortly returned with a shoulder around the bowl-cutted brunette.

we continued to have fun until 9 o'clock and that was when mrs byers came to pick up will so we all decided to head home after that.

-HAPPY HOLIDAYS YOU LOT!! 🎄⛄️