chapter 74

⚠️homophobia and f-bombs⚠️

-march 22nd 1986-

-reader's pov-

now controlled by an unimaginable rage, I yanked my skates off before quickly pulling my normal shoes back on. I turned around slightly and angrily glared over to see what was going on, angela was now leading poor, helpless el to the centre of the rink. a crowd began to gather as one of angela's friends set up a camera. I tied the final lace on my shoe before jolting up and turning on my heels but will and mike both stopped me.

"y/n, y/n." will said, tapping my shoulder gently, "what are you gonna do?"

this question had stumped me, what was I gonna do. was I really gonna kill her like I said I would, or was I just threatening that. I didn't know how or what to reply with, so I just gave a sorrowful look to the two nervous boys before stomping away.

with each stride I took, the more ferocity I felt. my hands clenched into fists as I marched onto the rink, staring angela down as I almost choked on the amount of angry emotions that flooded within me.

suddenly, the popular song that was smoothly playing through the speakers stopped. a voice echoed through them instead, "alright everyone, this next song is dedicated to jane, the local snitch." the spotlight then focused on el, who now stood in the middle of the rink, completely stranded. the song, 'wipeout' blasted through the speakers as everyone on the rink, except from me, began to circle eleven.

right that was it. I might've thought that I'd already snapped past my breaking point, but I really hadn't. it wasn't until now that the extremely intense wrath kicked in.

as I stormed over, people began to name-call eleven, she was obviously very distressed under the bright spotlight.

I had now reached the spinning circle of people, there was no way in and no way out. every single last one of them spat insults out at el, some of them even being homophobic which only fuelled my anger.

"fucks sake!" I snapped whilst jerking my head, making a few of the bullies tumble to the floor, creating a pathway for me to reach el.

her teary eyes softened as they met mine, I carelessly stepped over the fallen bodies before approaching el.

everyone had now noticed the new person in the centre of the spinning circle. the guy with the camcorder aimed the piece of tech to film me.

"el, el, it's gonna be okay," I softened as I cradled her, she was extremely upset. but this didn't make the bullies stop, no, they continued to laugh and point.

"dykes!" I heard one of them shout teasingly. with this, I instantly pulled my easy gaze from el to face whoever just said that. my eyebrows furrowed in aggression as I couldn't find the little bastard who had just said that.

"WHO THE FUCK JUST SAID THAT." I roared, so loud it could be heard over both the song and the insults.

my shouting only caused the bullies to laugh even more until I'd had enough. with one twitch of my head, every single last one of the bullies smashed against the solid, wooden floor. they groaned in pain before picking themselves up and cowering away, to watch from a distance.

all of the bullies had retreated except from angela, who was obviously their gang-leader. I looked her dead in the eye whilst wiping the drizzle of blood that dripped from my nose.

"what did you do." she spat as she walked over, "what the actual fuck is wrong with you."

"there's nothing wrong with me." I casually replied, "I just hate the bitch that decides to harass my girlfriend."

angela's eyebrows creased and she was about to laugh until I flicked my head and she was sent flinging across the room like a bug. she thudded with a considerable amount of impact against the wall that was painted with a fair colour of blue.

the whole room went silent, the music even buffered to a stop. angela began to whine in pain but there was no way I was stopping this soon. her boyfriend even came sprinting over to help her, but I just loosely flicked him away too, barely even paying attention to where he had landed.

a wide smirk crept upon my lips as I slowly stalked my way towards angela. every light source in the room began to flicker like crazy, even the fake neon ones. angela's eyes widened in pure fear as she tried to cower back even more, but was unable to do so because she was already at the very edge of the room. she was now the one to feel what it was like to be treated like shit. she was going to be the one to burn under my wrath.

I now stood over her fallen body, maliciously staring down at her as she whimpered like an abused dog.

"oh shut up." I snarled, "you need to understand that if you treat others like that. some people are gonna treat you the same way back."

angela swallowed a lump that had been forming in her throat before she wiped her tears away.

the loud squeak of a trainer broke the silence, I swung my head around to where the noise came from to find that someone had just scuffed their shoe a little. but then as I turned back around to face angela, I was met with a fist to the face. she wore a smug look, as if she was proud of herself.

I sighed whilst wiping my face without a single thought. before jerking my head again, she thumped against the wall yet again, except this time I held her in place.

"did you even bother to listen to what I just said." I pierced the words out at her.

she didn't reply but I could sense that her fear had returned. I hummed in satisfaction but before I could loose my grip on her and just wonder off. my whole environment abruptly turned a shade of red and my right hand appeared to have long, scaly fingers. I looked down and my flesh had turned all weird, the strange hand, that definitely wasn't my own, reached out over angela's face. this triggered a memory in the back of my mind, it reminded me of last july when the humanoid monster stabbed his claws deep into my skull. I then realised that this hand belonged to that monster, suddenly I snapped out of it and stumbled backwards. I peered down to my hand to discover that it was back to normal and angela was now cowering on the floor again. looking up at me, still scared for her life.

I huffed out, annoyed and confused with myself before marching over to the employee's room. I didn't even notice the camera that had been filming me the whole time, or all of the beady eyes watching me. I only really recognised el's heartbroken face as she watched me enter the abandoned room. she then quickly collected herself up before jogging over to the employee's room, she felt the desperate need to comfort me throughout this difficult time.