chapter 2

With Mirabel

day 3 no water no food

*We see Mirabel stumbling to the ground in the forest, she was dirty, hungry, thirsty, she was weak her mouth felt like a dessert she hasn't been able to find Any source of drinkable water if she didn't find water soon our little mariposa will die, Mirabel winced in pain as the scar she got from that stupid candle was still fresh and the rough dirt against it stung like a wasp*

Mirabel: stupid candle...

*Mirabel wanted to cry she wanted to cry and yell for her mother but she can't she doesn't have enough water in her system for tears, and she's scared of what may come to her scream with what little strength she was able to muster mirabel got up and started to walk the deeper she went the more the trees began to evolve as the pine trees are intermixed with a variety of trees, Mirabel didn't know the name of any of them she was just thankful that they were giving her shade to protect her from the harsh sunlight,Mirabel heard a rustling in the bushes, Mirabel wanted to run to hide and pray whatever it was didn't find her but she was too weak she could barely walk much less run so she prepared for the worse when the animal came it it was just a rabbit*

Mirabel:hey little guy...

*Mirabel said softly but the rabbit didn't seem to have notice her, Mirabel stomach started to rumble to the point Mirabel felt pain, the more she saw the rabbit eating some wild flower the more hungry she got, Mirabel kneeled down as slowly as she could and grabbed the biggest stone she could hold with what little energy she had left, thankfully the stone was 4 times as big as the rabbit's head, Mirabel raised her arms over her head as she closed her eyes shut and slammed the stone on the ground, Mirabel heard the horrifying sound of the rabbit's head getting squished Mirabel fell on the ground her hands were trembling as she made crying noises but no tears fell out being extremely dehydrated,*

Mirabel:I'm sorry I'm so so sorry....

* Mirabel opened her eyes and saw what she did the blood and brain covered everything she saw and the leg my god, the leg was still moving twitching around almost unaware what just happened when it eventually stopped Mirabel took the body and as much as it made her have dizziness, wheezing, difficulty breathing, tightness in chest, as she ripped the body to not see the head, the body was still warm as mirabel Grabbed the rabbit carcass by its back legs and gather a handful of skin around one of its ankles. Break the skin by twisting and pulling. Mirabel was lucky the kill was so fresh as it made it easier to remove its skin. Once she did she didn't hold back and ate the rabbit raw, whatever she could eat of the dead animal she did until she stumbled back breathing heavily her vision blurry, her hands trembling as she realized what she's done and again she starts to cry with no tears*

*Mirabel didn't even know how long it took but she got up and rubbed her arm on her mouth to clean it a little it did nothing except rubbing the blood of the animal around her mouth making he look more like a savage, Mirabel kept going now with a bit more energy that she's not working on a empty stomach and as gruesome as it sounds the blood around her mouth help her not feel the effects of dehydration so hard Mirabel walked for the rest of the day until the sun disappeared and the moon came up behind her, Mirabel stopped her search for water and climbed up a very old almost rotten tree but tall enough to keep her safe from the creatures that only come out at night that could kill her in a second, Mirabel got as comfortable as she could and used what little fur the rabbit had to at least keep her hands warm as she closed her eyes and went to sleep feeling thankful that unlike her big sister Isabela Mirabel Doesn't snore*

Day 4 no water but fed

*Mirabel woke up from the sound of the a tree branch snapping it only took a second more for Mirabel woke up completely as she fell the snap she heard was the very branch she was sleeping on, Mirabel tried to grab hold to another branch thankfully she succeed and her body was light enough for it to not break in impact, but it came at a cost Mirabel could feel the blood coming down her hands as arms as the falling and emergency grabb have her cuts anf bruises over her left side of the body she was lucky it didn't touch her scared side, as she slowly made her way down Mirabel wished she could say she felt refresh but she didn't, it was day 4 of no water and the effects of dehydration was really hitting her now her mouth was drying then yesterday, she felt not just dizzy but had the biggest headache she ever felt if she doesn't find water today she won't make it to day 5, Mirabel remember what she could from the book Bruno always insisted she read, water always goes down stream goes down hill so Mirabel went on her way making sure to walk as slow as she could to keep quiet and conserve energy*

Hours later

*Nothing, no matter how much she walked she couldn't find any source of water the only thing that kept her walking was pure sadistic determination, mirabel thinks she found some hope when she sees a bush with berries she could use the fruits juice to hydrate herself, as she got close she saw a rabbit walking to the bush feeling sick to her stomach remembering what she did yesterday but she kept what little of the rabbit she still had in her stomach down, Mirabel froze for a minute when the rabbit ate a berry it took a whole 5 seconds for the rabbit to fall to the ground dead*

Mirabel: poisonous berries

*Mirabel struggled to not cough not wanting to hurt her already dry throat she made a mental note to herself to not talk until she finds water, Mirabel looked at the rabbit but then walked away not wanting to risk that the rabbit is now poisonous too Mirabel walked until her legs gave out not having the energy to get back up Mirabel started to crawl inch after grueling inch she kept moving as the sun started to fall Mirabel was running out of time she had a few more hours before day 5 and the effects gets to the point where she won't be able to move she'll die a painful death, Mirabel finally stopped deciding to give up and let the cool mud on her body take her to a peaceful dream a permanent dream, that's when here eyes are snapped open*

Mirabel:mud...i..it's mud..

*Mirabel got up with trembling legs every 4 steps she took she would fall, but her new found determination made her get back up and repeat the cycle*

Mirabel:you need water for made where is it, where is it...?

*Mirabel got her answer when she tripped again and fell in to the coolness of a pound not just any pound but a purely stone pound Mirabel dared to open her mouth and taste the water it was a fresh water pound it was drinkable Mirabel got off the pond and looked around there was a waterfall giving her all the fresh water she could ask for Mirabel started to laugh like a crazy person as she did a mix of cleaning herself and drinking herself until her belly hurt, Mirabel mariposa madrigal passed her first and most treacherous obstacle she found water,

To be continued or on Patreon

patreon.com/user?u=35404938

Special thanks to:

Ben knight

Fateee

Ricardo Cano

Jacob Mooe

Abdalali

Sarudark

nT_wolf 0

Nuker2025

Ayham Alqaissi

José Ruiz Dé Austri

George Alves

Thai Nguyen

Trevor Ferguson

Ty Kennedy

Randomblackman

Jameil fluker

Osbaldo

Ace

Thank you again for the donation