chapter 20

The next day

*Isabela stirred awake feeling drowsy. she was freezing as her body started to shiver. she look next to her and there was her stranger healer. Sleeping in a chair with her ruana covering her face she wish she would let her see the face underneath but right now she rather just let her leg heal*

Mirabel:are you gonna speak or just keep staring at me?

*Isabela flinched and looked away embarrassed*

Isabela:sorry i...

*Isabela stopped talking when she felt Mirabel's hand on her forehead she looked at Mirabel's eyes her glazed over hazel eyes. There was slight concern in those eyes*

Mirabel:looks like the adrenaline finally left you're system giving what you've been through in the last what? 3 days? you either have a cold or a fever

Isabela:hm...you're eyes are so pretty

Mirabel:.... definitely a fever

*Mirabel said walking back a slight blush on her face as she was about to leave the to the kitchen when she heard something. The sound of a food landing on the ground. Her head snapped behind her seeing Isabela trying to get up*

Mirabel;what are you doing?

*Mirabel said tightly concern evident on her tone as Isabela looked at her, her head spinning slightly side to side as she smiled*

Isabela: to the kitchen

*Mirabel walked up to her and put her hands firmly on Isabela's shoulder*

Mirabel:no. You need to rest you'll only make things worse for yourself you are still very injured

Isabela:but i don't want to be alone...

Mirabel:look I'm just going to bring you some food I'll be back soon i promise

*Isabela shook her head no, bad idea since it made her headache worse. Mirabel gave a frustrated sigh*

Mirabel;if i take you with me where you can see me will you promise not to move?

*Isabela nodded yes with a huff Mirabel grabbed Isabela like a princess, she flinched a bit when she felt Isabela snuggle close to her"

Isabela:mh....you're warm....

*Isabela mumbled then giggle in her fever haze. Mirabel not knowing how to react just ignored her and walked outside the room putting Isabela softly on the couch while she walked to the kitchen where Isabela can see her*

Isabela:what are you doing...?

Mirabel;making you chicken soup mixed with some plants that should help you

*Mirabel only heard a humm as a response as she got to work. Hearing Isabela sneezing and coughing made fear grow inside her as she starts to cook faster her hands trembling a little. Isabela closed her eyes as she felt so weak she could barley open her eyes, her eyelids felt so heavy. That's when she felt something on top of her she gathered enough strength to open her eyes, her vision was blurry but she saw her healing walking back to the kitchen without her ruana. Isabela looked down and sure enough Mirabel's ruana was on top of her like a blanket, Isabela cuddled closer to thing feeling a sense of calmness she hasn't felt in decades, inhaling the smell of her mysterious stranger she couldn't help but get intoxicated by it as she looked at the woman in the kitchen she could finally see her backside of her face and hair*

Isabela:you have such beautiful hair....

*Isabela mumbled loud enough for Mirabel to hear she stopped cutting vegetables for a second before she continued not saying a word*