chapter 6

*the couple of days were up for Mirabel, the doctors gave her the ok to leave the hospital, Mirabel walked out of the hospital the idea of just running away was enticing she could see the forest her and Gabriela could make a run for it and never look back, but that idea was squashed when she saw Hosea waiting for her sitting on a chair having a smoke*

*Hosea looked up at Mirabel, he took a puff of his smoke before letting it fall on the floor and stomping on it he got up and walked up to her making Mirabel frown her mood instantly sour seeing a total stranger that now yes she did owe her life t...

*Hosea looked up at Mirabel, he took a puff of his smoke before letting it fall on the floor and stomping on it he got up and walked up to her making Mirabel frown her mood instantly sour seeing a total stranger that now yes she did owe her life to him but at the same time she was still a little girl it's just plain cruel in her eyes making her work off a debt she didn't even ask for*

Hosea:good to see you're in working order

Mirabel:you call this working order?

*Mirabel raised what was left of her left arm and Hosea waved his hand dismissively*

Hosea:just thank your blessings that even decided to save you, now come along it's a long walk to the ranch and since you're mutt is here i didn't bring my horse

*Mirabel sighed but nodded with her and Gabriela walking behind him, Mirabel couldn't help but look at the man's gun that was quietly resting on its holster, Mirabel kept looking at it intently as it held the secrets of the universe without noticing her arm started to stretch out, but in a blur Hosea grabbed his gun and shot a bird out of the sky, Mirabel shook her head and looked at the old man*

Hosea:a bird for you're mutt

*Hosea said but that was a lie and both knew it, it was a warning a warning to not try to go for them again, Mirabel muttered a thank you as she grabbed the now dead bird giving it to Gabriela who ate it in one bite they kept walking the only sound now was the bone crunch of the bird inside Gabriela's mouth, it was a long walk to the outskirts of the new town and that made Mirabel think*

Mirabel: hey....what's this town's name?

Hosea:Medellin, Colombia why where are you from?

Mirabel: it's....a town named encanto

Hosea: can't say I've heard of such a place

Mirabel: it's...a very rural town at the other side of the forest

Hosea:i see maybe I'll look for it one of this days

*Mirabel scoffed crossing her arm a bitter feeling being bored inside her*

Mirabel:good luck I've searched for the encanto for years and never been even close to finding it

Mirabel "the stupid magic that protects the damn place keeping it a secret from the world, keeping it a secret from me"

*They didn't talk much more after that as Mirabel just spend her time looking around the new village it's been years since she been in civilization, as for Hosea he kept his eyes forward he didn't have time for small talk with that girl behind her no doubt the old ladies of the town would talk his ear off with worry and concern that she's gonna be living with the old recluse of Medellín, after hours they made it to Hosea's ranch it was a huge farm even without Dolores super hearing Mirabel could hear the animals in the farm*