chapter 25

*Mirabel was restless, she she agreed to stay with Isabela until she healed up but after checking the meats, watering her crops, maintaining her weapons and cleaning the house....twice she had nothing to do. So here she was sitting on the floor while Isabela was on the couch behind her braiding her hair*

Mirabel:it's not gonna come to life and bite you, you know

Isabela:what? What are you talking about

Mirabel:there's a mirror in front of me i can see you looking at my prosthetic at the table

*Isabela blushed in embarrassment as she coughed a bit*

Isabela: it's just....i guess I'm just not used to it, i mean no one in encanto ever....well you know

Mirabel:no i don't know

*Isabela gave a small glare at her sister who had a smirk on her face. Isabela's glare quickly turned in to a smirk as well as she pulled on mirabel's hair causing her to yelped*

Isabela:ops sorry

Mirabel:piss on your apology that was on purpose!

*Isabela giggled and Mirabel just huffed crossing her arms*

Isabela:sorry sorry but...i guess it's just still weird seeing you without that

Mirabel:well I'm not going hunting so why use it?

Isabela:but it's your arm

*Mirabel just clicked her tongue and looked at the thing, the living memory of what she lost because of that stupid candle*

Mirabel:no, it's my tool, it's something i use to hold my crossbow or shotgun steady as my real hand has its finger on the trigger, apart from that? Nothing more it is not a part of me it's just something to make my life easier

*Isabela nodded while at the back of the head she felt her sins crawling on her back as she felt guilty as if she was responsible for Mirabel's body being what it is. Mirabel coughed and kept the conversation going*

Mirabel:anyway...I'm not surprised no one is one handed or with only one leg with Mama's.... Mama's cooking mortality should be very low...

*Isabela face grew soft as she saw for a moment, for 5 seconds Mirabel showing weakness, sadness. Mirabel always dodges any conversation about there mother, and Isabela didn't want to upset her so she kept quiet...today was not one of those days*

Isabela:she....she never stopped missing you, you know...

*Isabela said softly, Mirabel didn't respond just looked out the window while she pulled her legs to her chest*

Mirabel:i....i missed her too...still do

*Mirabel whispered softly, Isabela gave a humm as a response and scooted closer to her putting her legs on mirabel's sides to feel her warmth and so Mirabel could feel hers*

Isabela:me too... Me too....

Meanwhile in encanto

*Julieta woke up  with a stretched as she sat on the bed, she looked around at the small room she shared with her daughter, she looked down at her bandaged hand, frowning remembering that day again*

Flashback

In Casita

*We see everyone with a nervous expression, as Julieta was late to make breakfast, not only Julieta, Luisa wasn't at the table and alma was not happy, no her face was tight and frowning, Bruno felt his mouth suddenly feel dry when alma looked at him and his wife*