chapter 40

Last time

Mirabel:I said ok..... it's lonely here by myself you might as well make yourself useful

*Isabela grinned, if she had the ankle for it she would be jumping up and down like a little girl as she sat next to Mirabel and listen to her instructions*

Isabela"is this what Dolores felt for Mariano's poems? Cause this is just magical"

*Isabela said with a happy sigh just listening to Mirabel speak*

Now

Encanto

*We see Dolores and her soon to be husband walking around the town, there hands interlock while Dolores kept her head on Mariano's shoulder*

Mariano:amor, I made a new poem yesterday

Dolores:so that was those cute little words you would mumble out at random

Mariano:oh you've been listening to me? Shouldn't you been listening for dangers?

*Dolores giggled having a genuine smile on her face as Mariano knew the truth, well the parts that Dolores wants him to know*

Dolores:anyways please go one you know I love your poems

*Mariano coughed and started, before the first word even got out Dolores was already sighing like a little girl head over heels in love*

Mariano:Do not stand at my grave and weep, I am not there, I do not sleep.

*Dolores frowned slightly as the poem reminded her of Mirabel the cousin/sister she let die it made think of the what if*

Mariano:I am a thousand winds that blow;

*Dolores going to Julieta and telling her what she just heard*

Mariano:I am the diamond glints on the snow.

*Them running to where alma left and finding Mirabel just in time to give her an arepa*

Mariano:I am the sunlight on ripened grain;I am the gentle autumn's rain.

*Dolores hugging Mirabel and apologize for everything she did since the ceremony and how horrible she was*

Mariano:When you awaken in the morning's hush,

*Mirabel smiling at her and telling her she forgives Dolores and that's happy to have her sister back*

Mariano:I am the swift uplifting rush
Of quiet birds in circled flight.

*But that was all it was, a what if. nothing more then a sick dream Dolores's mind made up to punish her*

Mariano:I am the soft star that shines at night.
Do not stand at my grave and cry.

'dream Mirabel:I forgive you Dolores, I love you....'

*Fake Mirabel said smiling as she became petals that flew away with the wind*

Mariano:I am not there; I did not die....

Mariano:what do you....amor are you ok? Your crying

*Dolores touched her cheek and looked down at her now wet hand, she let the hand fall and clean the tear with her dress*

Dolores:o..oh yes, yes I'm fine amor, your poem was just so...moving that it brought me to tears it's just wonderful

*Dolores said with a wobbly smile, Mariano kissed her temple and gave her a hug, with a shaky breath Dolores hugged Mariano back, hugging him tightly with part of there wishing it was Mirabel who she was hugging she would give anything to have that one last time*