chapter 31

Isabela:come on Mirabel let's go play!

Mirabel:play!

*An 11 year old Isabela grabbed the 4 year old Mirabel's hand and they left running to play in the forest*

Alma:Isabela!

*Isabela flinched as she turned around seeing alma giving her a stern look*

Alma:where are you going? You have chores to do

Isabela:but... I want to play with Mirabel

Agustin:your grandmother is right Isabela you have a responsibility to the community

Mirabel:but play....

*Mirabel said sadly looking at isabela. Agustin ignored her grabbed her and took her away from Isabela. A loud noise scared Isabela as she looked around and she was locked up in a golden cage, Isabela ram at the door but it didn't budge no matter how many times she tried. The cage opened and a huge hand grabbed her. Isabela was placed on the table in front of alma brushing her hair, no matter what Isabela did she couldn't move she was stuck in a sitting position with a plastic smile plastered on her face and a tear falling from her face*

 Isabela was placed on the table in front of alma brushing her hair, no matter what Isabela did she couldn't move she was stuck in a sitting position with a plastic smile plastered on her face and a tear falling from her face*

Alma:such a pretty doll you look just like how i used to be so beautiful....

*Alma said looking at isabela with a smile that smile turned to a furious scowl as she turned around Isabela could see a 5 year old Mirabel holding the candle. Alma gave am unholy scream, she ran to mirabela and
She grabbed Mirabel by his hair and slapped her, Mirabel fell to the ground with alma on top of her and she started beating Mirabel over and over again with Isabela powerless to stop it or even look away*

Isabela:help someone help!!

*Isabela screamed inside her head but no words came out of her mouth as it was sewed shut. Isabela just had to laid there and watch as Mirabel was punched, each punch was worse then the last, each curdling scream from Mirabel brought tears to isabela's eyes as she tried to get up, to move and protect her but she couldn't.

Agustin:now Mija....

*Isabela was grabbed and placed back in to her golden cage, Isabela looked at her father who was smiling at her without a care in the world as if what was happening behind him wasn't real*

Agustin:this is for the best you and Mariano will make such wonderful childrens together...

*Agustin turned around and disappeared, Mariano's awful poems started to fill the air mixed with the sounds of Mirabel's screams and the sound of punch connecting with blood it was all getting to be too much for Isabela. She saw alma grab Mirabel's head and started slamming it against the floorboards with enough force to break the wood, i heard Mirabel's crying pleads for forgiveness, for the pain to stop but she didn't Mirabel cried out for julieta but she never came, alma didn't stopped until her knuckles were raw and Mirabel was going in and out it was all to much for Isabela as she pulled on her hair feeling the arms of Mariano around her getting tighter and tighter as the seconds passed by*