chapter 12

*the members of the madrigal family except Julieta remained seated waiting for breakfast made by Luisa, no one was talking, no one made a sound the only sound in the room was alma drumming her fingers on the hardwood table, dolores couldn't help but noticed the black eye her tío Agustin now sported and the absolutely furious expression on Alma's face, Dolores kept her head down and arms on her legs to not cause any trouble but as se was looking down she saw it, she saw Camilo looking at him,another hit of guilt hit her since before she would give Camilo food under the table as they waited but she hasn't done that in years she couldn't do that she couldn't risk losing her reward for giving food even if it was her own brother*

Alma:Luisa what's taking so long?!

Luisa:a..almost ready abuela just a bit longer!

*The panic on Luisa's voice was evident it made Isabela sick that alma was talking that way to her last remaining hermana but she could do nothing but remained there with the same plastic smile since the perfect madrigal "does not spend time in the kitchen" god forbid that Isabela breaks a nail helping her sister, after a bit Luisa came in with the breakfast for everybody putting it on the table Camilo went first but his hand was slapped away by alma who glared at him who in turn made Pepa glare at her mother but kept her mouth shut repeating the montra*

Pepa"clear skies, clear skies, clear skies"

Alma:before we eat we must say grace and i have to tell you all you're chores for today

Isabela"we've been waiting here an hour and you couldn't do that then?!"

*Alma started talking it took another 30 minutes before everyone could eat*

Alma:Camilo you're serving yourself last for that stunt you pulled before

*Camilo bit his tongue and nodded Felix wanted to say something anything to call alma out but when he felt his wife hand on his leg it stopped him knowing she didn't want an argument she just wanted him to let it go, felix gave a small sigh and served himself after another 5 minutes that felt like 20 for Camilo he finally grabbed his plate of food and started eating*

Alma:now everyone i have such wonderful news?

Camilo"your finally dying?"

Alma:today I expect you all to finish you're works 2 hours early in order to return here and get properly bathed and dressed i will not accept any excuse just because Julieta didn't want to complete her duties today means you all can't do you're am i understood?

Everyone:yes abuela

Alma:now since everyone is finished off you all go except you Luisa do the dishes then go to the Osvaldo farm the donkeys has gotten out again

Luisa:si abuela....

Alma:good now everyone leave an serve the community

*Slowly everyone got up and left with alma being the first to leave,Luisa got up and started picking up the plates feeling bad for herself and Camilo since both of them weren't aloud to finish There meals*

With Mirabel

*We see Mirabel hiding in a bush seeing a fox trying to hunt a squirrel*

Josiah:my what a most wonderful creature wouldn't you agree?

Mirabel:ah!!!

*Mirabel jumped out of the bush scaring the near by animals away making her groan and glare at the strange man who paid her no mind and just lifted his hand up as a bird flew on it*