chapter 26

Mirabel: alright put some pressure on the leg

*After days of being indoors with nothing to do but read it was finally time for Isabela to test the leg without crutches*

Isabela:alright... Here we go

*Isabela slowly got off the bed and took a step forward, her leg buckled and almost fell, Mirabel panicked and went in to caught her....or she tried but seeing as Isabela was taller both of them fell on the floor groaning*

Isabela:i...i think my leg is asleep

Mirabel:clearly...Now get off me

Isabela:why? I for one am loving this closeness we're having

*Isabela said with a cheeky smile rubbing her cheek with Mirabel's to annoy her, it was working as Mirabel started pinching Isabela's cheek*

Mirabel:get away from meeeeeee

Isabela:owowow ok ok

*Isabela got up and soon so did Mirabel, she got next to Isabela and made her put her arm on her shoulder*

Mirabel:fastest way to wake it up is to walk for a bit so let's do that

*They started walking, Isabela frowned looking at Mirabel*

Isabela;be honest

Mirabel:when am I not brutally honest?

Isabela:are you helping me because you just want to hunt?

Mirabel:yes.

*That made Isabela stop, Mirabel sighed annoyed and look at her*

Mirabel:now what?

Isabela:so you didn't enjoy spending time with me

Mirabel:oh for the love of....

*Mirabel pinched the bridge of her nose and  took a few short breaths*

Mirabel:i didn't say that, yes i enjoyed spending time with you but i have a business to run, I'm gonna be working overtime to pay my debt with that old bastard with interest i might add

Isabela:so...you did enjoy spending time with me?

Mirabel:.  .  .i want to slap you with my metal arm look...

*Mirabel kissed Isabela cheek just to get this conversation over with, it made Isabela  blush a little, Mirabel had the same blush but for embarrassment*

Mirabel:yes i did can we keep waking your leg now?

Isabela:o..ok

*Isabela said with a smile, Mirabel just rolled her eyes and kept walking with Isabela, after a bit Isabela's leg woke up and she was walking by herself but with a slight limp*

Mirabel:ok, I'm gonna have to buy you a cane

Isabela:why? I can just make one

Mirabel:......you can make one?

Isabela:uh yeah?

Mirabel:oh by all means go ahead

*Mirabel crossed her arms her smug smile growing*

Mirabel:make.one.

*Isabela moved her hand forwards and nothing happened after a few seconds she realized her mistake and started blushing deeply, she flinched when she heard Mirabel trying and failing to hide her laughter*

Isabela:r.. right powers don't work outside of encanto...

*Mirabel snorted loudly as he was holding her rib her body was trembling*