chapter 18

before with Mirabel

*We see her walking back home from Hosea's farm on her back she had a bag with some cash, spices and other things she needed from selling what she hunted it was dark but Mirabel's eyesight got used to walking in the dark plus she had Gabriela walking by her side*

Mirabel:almost home girl then we can sleep all night

*Gabriela just yawned as a response as they saw there house at the distance they kept walking until the both of them heard the sound of growling making them stop. Gabriela started to growl back as a pack of wolves started to sorround them Mirabel yawned as she grabbed her sawed off shotgun she pointed to the air and fired the sound scaring the wolves except for Gabriela, the wolves ran away as Mirabel and Gabriela walked inside immediately both noticed something was wrong there was blood on the floor Gabriela started to sniff if while Mirabel followed behind her putting the shotgun on the table and grabbing her main weapon the crossbow, Gabriela started to scratch on the door of Mirabel's room as Mirabel opened the door pointing forward her eyes went wide even if it's been 12 years she couldn't believe who was in her bed*

 Gabriela started to growl back as a pack of wolves started to sorround them Mirabel yawned as she grabbed her sawed off shotgun she pointed to the air and fired the sound scaring the wolves except for Gabriela, the wolves ran away as Mirabel and ...

Mirabel:Isabela...?

*Mirabel whispered not believing her own eyes she glanced at Gabriela who was sniffing Isabela's leg where the source of the blood made itself known*

Mirabel:Gaby heel, go wait outside

*Gaby did as she was told as Mirabel stayed alone in the room looking over her older sister she glanced at the leg that was still bleeding*

Mirabel;I'll be damn if i let her death stay in my conscience

*Mirabel muttered to herself as she got to work starting with wrapping the leg up the wound area to slow the bleeding, she went to the chest in her room opening it and taking our a number of different leaves, roots, flowers, berries, etc. Not having time to crush everything with her Molcajete, she put everything in her mouth and chewed it once it was nice and mixed she spit it out in a rag rubbing it around to spread it she slowly put it around Isabela's injury wrapping it tight. Once she was sure the leg was fine, Mirabel took off Isabela dirty clothes and frowned deeply she did not like what she saw she could see Isabela's ribs*

Mirabel: she's the perfect madrigal how come she's malnourished like i was....?

*Mirabel muttered to herself but shook her head not wanting to think of the answer more specifically not wanting to know the answer to destroy her perception of the family, Mirabel covered Isabela in a dress aunty Tilly left behind moving Isabela to put the clothes in her something fell off her. Once Mirabel was finished she kneeled down and froze seeing what was on the floor*

 Once Mirabel was finished she kneeled down and froze seeing what was on the floor*