chapter 29

*Isabela sat down with a proud smile as she was able to walk with a cane and hold her food at the same time. She was a bit miffed at Mirabel for Not even noticing. Mirabel was annoyed as Isabela was huffing and puffing about god knows what*

Mirabel:ok what is it now?

(Art completely mine)

*Mirabel said in a unamused tone borderline angry, Isabela pouted and look another way*

Isabela:what's wrong is that your being a jerk, you saw that i was able to get my foot and walk by myself and you said nothing

Mirabel:.  .  .you want me to congratulate you...on walking? Good to know. How about next i congratulate you for using the toilet all by yourself ?

*Isabela fumed and glared at mirabel who looked impassive as she ate her meal*

Isabela:that's not what I meant and you know it

Mirabel:no, i don't "know it" I'm not a bloody mind reader Isabela. Oh I'm sorry I'm not talking to Isabela, I'm talking with señorita perfecta, the girl who needs the whole world to stop and look at her as she walks

Isabela:i don't care about that world i care that you notice that in doing progress!

*Isabela blushed a bit as she was making a small scene and looked down on her food. Mirabel sighed rubbing the back of her neck*

Mirabel:look I'm sorry, you did good walking over here in proud of you ok?

Isabela:no your not your just saying that...

*Isabela mumbled as she picked at her food, Mirabel gave a groaned and pinched the bridge of her nose*

Mirabel:come on Isabela, what do you want from me?

Isabela:i don't want the world Mirabel. Just some attention, is it too much to ask for a compliment ever now and then? Maybe a good job, you look pretty today, hell or even a simple congratulations?

Mirabel:why do you want me to say all that? You already know your beautiful Isa you don't need me to tell you that

Isabela:no i don't need to know that, but it's nice to hear it every once in a while especially coming from you...

*Isabela said softly putting her hand on top Mirabel's to emphasize her point. Mirabel sighed and nodded*

Mirabel:ok ok, I'll try and give you more compliments from now on, happy?

Isabela:it's a start..

*Mirabel took her hand back and started eating again with Isabela following her example*

Isabela:so...you killed one of those demons?

Mirabel:eh....it's complicated, it was late afternoon me and Charles were walking back to Hosea after spending the day selling our hunt let me tell you that day I hunted the most beautiful deer it was a clean kill with my crossbow