Anniversary (Kara)

'But baby, it's our anniversary on the 14th.' Kara whined into your throat.
'Sweetheart, if it was up to me I wouldn't even be gone for 3 months, let alone on that date.' You squeezed her harder into you.
'Sometimes I want to strangle your directors.' Kara mumbled, sounding dejected.
You sighed.
'So do I honey. Sometimes I want to strangle your directors.' You said playfully, because never in a million years would you actually strangle Alex. She could be your sister in law one day.
She will be your sister in law one day.
Kara growled and you felt her teeth graze your neck.
A shiver ran down your spine and settled in your lower stomach.
'Let me make it up to you now.' You said lowly, feeling Kara gulp against you.
'Please.'
—-
You slumped onto the bed in your trailer, tired and drained from the scenes that morning.
Your phone rang, and your heart stuttered, fatigue forgotten.
'Hey Kar.' You grinned at her beaming profile on your phone, her hair ruffled and flowing messily around her face.
'Hey gorgeous. How are your scenes going today?' Her voice drowned out the nagging headache, and you melted further into the soft bedsheets.
'Terrible. The director doesn't know what he wants from it. We're all struggling with his attitude, I think half of us have headaches, and the other half want to punch him.' You watched as a frown fell on her face.
'But I'm okay. Really. Just missing you.' You finish, watching her lips quirk up softly.
'I miss you too baby.' She admits gently.
'I'm sorry for missing our anniversary. I know I've said it, but I am truly sorry. I just-' You huff.
'Enough of that. It's okay. We've got our facetime date scheduled, and we can just make up for lost time when I see you in a few weeks.' Kara was always the voice of reason.
She couldn't fly over to you, as it would take far too long, and Alex couldn't afford her best superhero off duty at the busiest crime and alien time of the year.
'True. I just... miss you. A lot.' You push your head into the pillow, and wished it was Kara's chest.
'Ditto. I'm sorry baby but Alex is calling. It might be a long night for me, so I'm not sure when I'll be awake tomorrow morning. I'll text you as soon as I open my eyes. Love you!' And she was gone.
You groan. Why did filming have to take so long. And be so far away.
—-
Kara hadn't texted you all night, and you accepted it must of been a tricky case, because your text to Alex, and a check up text for James, had also gone unanswered.
You woke up early to your alarm, getting ready for a half work day.
You texted Kara before heading to set.
          Kar
Happy Anniversary darling. I'm the
luckiest girl in the world to be able to
call you mine. Cant wait to see your
delicious face later, even if only on
ft. Love you lots xxx
The scenes were long today, hence the finishing at 12. The director was slightly more lenient, and all of your cast mates including yourself, worked better because of it.
It hit 12 and you were all dismissed.
'Hey have fun with Kara today.' One of your close friends, Bella, said.
'Thanks. I'm kinda bummed I can't see her in person, but we've got a facetime date.' You shrug at her sympathetic look.
'Well, what if you could see her?' Bella asked curiously.
'I wish. But she can't just take time off work, like I can't so-'
'Look.' Bella was smiling massively, and you turned to where she was pointing, confused.
Your heart stopped.
There, standing ten yards away, was Kara. With a present tucked under one arm, and a giddy grin.
'Kara.' You breathed out, not trusting your legs to hold you up, but breaking into a run anyway.
You collided with her solid body, wrapping your arms around her neck and squeezing.
You heard her low chuckle and that's when you realised. Kara is here.
You felt a swell of warmth engulf your body, and you let tears roll down your face.
'Happy Anniversary beautiful.' She whispered in your ear, and the itchy feel of lose hair on your face made you choke on another sob.
'I cant believe you're here.' You finally got out with a stunned laugh.
'I couldn't go the day without seeing my favourite girl on our 4th anniversary now, could I?' Kara leant back, and you let her, wanting to examine her beauty.
You pressed your forehead to hers and sighed in elation.
'Rao I love you.' You whispered, holding her face in one hand.
She nuzzled into it, before pressing her lips to yours.
You fell further into her, your lips tingling at the sensation you had missed greatly.
You hummed in happiness, and she nipped your bottom lip, before pulling back.
'I've missed you.' She said.
'Who are you talking to, me or my lips?' You joke, revelling in her wet chuckle.
'Both.' She let you rest your head on her chest, and stroked her hands up and down your back.
'You are perfection.' You mumbled into her, gripping tightly onto the jumper she wore.
'Take me to your trailer. I want to give you your present.' She smirked, wiggling her eyebrows.
'But I thought we said-'
'No presents I know. But this one benefits both of us, and you'll really like it.' Her eyes were glinting in mischief, and you fell in love with her all over again.
'Let's go then.'