I was born to love you (Alex)

You carefully threaded your fingers through soft, short hair. The hums of appreciation were the only things slicing the comfortable silence you were engulfed in. Your other hand was loosely intertwined with hers, a common occurrence which still melted your heart.
This is what you had dreamed about. This is what your younger self thought was paradise. And it was. And you were finally living in it.
That's why 6 words effortlessly slipped from your mouth in a whisper.
'I was born to love you.'
'Hmm?' Was the only answer you got.
'I was born to love you Mrs Danvers.'
You said it with certainty. Because you were. You were brought into this earth to eat. To sleep. To live. And somehow, to love Alex Danvers was slipped into the mix.
'I was born to love you too, Mrs Danvers.' She replied with the same certainty you had held.
She turned her head up to look at you for a second before turning back. Her face was carved into your memory, but every time you saw it it still made your heart stop and feel like it was about to explode with love. You took in her side profile, drowning in her natural beauty and grace that overwhelmed you even after 2 years.
'Stop staring at me.' She let out a small giggle as she said it. The same giggle you had fallen in love with.
'I'm allowed to.' You dangled your left hand gently in front of her view, the sunlight catching on your ring.
'Fine. Only because you're my wife.' The word hung around you with warmth and possibilities. Neither of you had stopped calling each other it ever since the wedding, slipping it into conversation even if it didn't need to be said.
You looked out onto the beach you can see from where you were sitting on the balcony of your honeymoon suite and had never felt more complete in your life.
Sorry it's short!