Family (Kara)

'A hot chocolate please.' Lara beamed at the barista behind the counter, even if she couldn't fully see over it.
'Okay little one. And what about for you Miss?' The woman addressed you.
'An iced latte and another hot chocolate, large with as many extra marshmallows as the shop offers.' You had learnt to stop being embarrassed by saying the odd order, the mega watt smile you are rewarded with is worth every blush you try to suppress.
A small hand tugged yours.
'Mum Mum can i have extra marshmallows too!?' Lara asked and to top it off, did the eyes you and Kara can never resist.
'Fine. Extra marshmallows on the small hot chocolate too please.' You smiled at the barista as she nodded and winked at your daughter.
'That'll be $15 please.'
You paid, let go of Lara so she could sprint back to the table and carefully moved through the cafe with the three drinks in your hand.
'Remind me to get you to get the drinks next time, your hands are heatproof.' You whispered, knowing all too well your wife could here you.
'But the best bit is holding your warm hands after!' Kara said, emphasising her point by grabbing the hand that wasn't holding your cup as with her other hand, she pulled Lara further to her side on the sofa, worried she might fall off.
'Sure it's not to look at my ass Kara Danvers?' You raised an eyebrow as best you could. Lena was trying to teach you but you were hopeless.
'Hmm that's an added bonus.' You saw her eyes instantly drawn to where you were perched next to her.
'I knew it! Anyway in a few months you will have to do it because I will not be able to move.' You laughed as her smile lit up.
'Well in a few months you won't be allowed coffee. Bad for the baby.' She gently took her hand out of yours and placed it even more gently onto the slight swell of your stomach. She did it constantly whenever you talked about the baby, she had done it with Lara as well.
'Don't make my little sister sick!' Lara suddenly looked up from her drawing, obviously hearing your conversation.
'Don't worry honey I won't.' You smiled softly at her and she nodded her head which was then curtained by her curly blonde hair a second later.
Kara's smile faltered, a telltale sign someone, somewhere was in danger.
'Go. I'll take Lara to preschool before I go to work.' You said before she had even turned to tell you.
'Really? Are you sure?' She said. A thousand times you've had this exact conversation.
'Always. Now go love, they need you.'
A chaste kiss was pressed to your mouth, and then to Lara's head two 'I love you's accompanying them and then she was gone.
You smiled fondly at where she had ran out of the door.
You and Lara stayed for a bit, drinking sips of hot chocolate (you had stolen the rest of Kara's) and drawing in the Supergirl colouring book Alex and Maggie got for Lara's birthday last year.
You looked down at her, a clear mix of you and Kara and grinned, thinking of the new body inside of you. Your family was perfect.