You could've died (Alex)

You stormed into the DEO, anger seeping through every vein in your body.
You passed worried looking agents and marched through the doors of the medical bay, not needing to show id because you had been given access to all areas.
'You seriously took on an alien without backup!' You basically shouted as you rounded the corner and finally found your wife sitting on a bed. Her arm was bandaged from her elbow to her wrist.
'I didn't mean too!' She said just as loudly.
'You could've died Alex!' You softened slightly at the image of her damaged body.
'I'm sorry okay but my job is dangerous and import-'
'Don't you think I worry enough about that already? You being reckless doesn't help Alex Danvers!' At some point you had started shaking, the flood of fear taking its toll on you.
'(Y/n)...' she trailed off and beckoned you to come closer. You did with no reluctance and happily fell into her open embrace.
'I'm sorry. Sometimes I forget...' she trails off
'Forget what?'
'That people care for me so much.' She sighs deeply against your chest.
'Alex you're my wife. I would die if anything happened to you.' You stroked her back lightly.
'I know I know. Kara has just had pretty much the same conversation with me.' She chuckled.
'See? You already know 2 people that care for you. And there are so many more.' You said truthfully.
'Thank you.' She mumbled.
'And...', you took a deep breath,' you have to stay alive to meet our child.'
She looked up at you in surprise and awe.
'No way', she started off quietly,' no way. It worked?'
'It did.'
'We're going to be parents?'
'We are.'
'Oh my god!' She hugged you tighter letting uncontrolled, joyous laughter flow easily from her mouth.
She then leant up and kissed you with so much love and affection it reminded you of your first one. And your first one in your shared house. And your first one as wives.
'I love you.' She said as she pulled away.
She then looked at your stomach and laid a hand gently there.
'And I love you little one.' She whispered, a single tear escaping out of her eyes.
She rubbed her thumb over your flat belly that hadn't yet started to grow.
'I love you too.' You smiled down at the sight and felt your heart nearly explode.
'Alex I checked with Dr Grey and she said that your vitals are fine and- oh (Y/n) you're here. You got here quick.' Kara stepped into the room in her supersuit.
She let her eyes wander over your faces, Alex's having a few tears down it and looking shocked.
'Is everything okay?' Kara asked after a beat of silence.
'Kara-' Alex started but emotions got the better of her and prevented her from carrying on. She breathed in and looked at your stomach as if it held a pot of gold. 'You're going to be an aunt.' She finally finished.
It took a second for the words to register, but when they did she gave you both one huge grin before taking off through the open window, probably doing a few victory laps around the world.
Alex stood and held your face in her hands before placing her lips solidly on yours. Your heart felt full when she took one of her hands and pressed it with barely any pressure on your stomach, still with her lips on yours.