100 part 1 (Kara)

You learnt early on the numbers above everyone's head didn't appear to anyone else. You also learnt to not talk about them anymore otherwise you'd be classed as crazy. Your mum blamed it on your reckless, young imagination when you questioned her about it and your friends were scared off when you talked about it to them. So you stayed quite and acted as if they were never there, as if your first opinion on someone wasn't just there looks or personality, but also the number glowing above their head.
The 9 that appeared on top of your first boyfriends head should of been a clear sign to not interact, but at that age you hadn't figured out it was a sort of compatibility scale yet so you kissed him under the tree and stumbled through awkward hugs and holding hands until you broke up a week later.
It took several interactions to realise the number acted as a scale of how good you would get along with someone. Close family members ranged from 60-70 and close friends were a solid 50 most of the time, but can vary sometimes. You had no idea the extent of how large the numbers could get, but guessed those numbers must be high up on the scale.
And then Lena and you met in MIT and the 90 on her head stood bright and blinding. It hit you with how this could be the highest number you ever see over someone's head, and wondered if maybe you're meant to be with her. But then you become best friends, and become as tight as two peas in a pod. And the word soulmate pops into your head, but as beautiful as Lena is and as good at kissing she is (tried it once, never did it again, and just laughed it off) the word platonic stuck to the front of it and it made sense. It was still nice to meet someone you just click with, but you had to wonder who would walk into your life who would top the number 90 crowning Lena's black hair.
Once, after about 3 years of knowing Lena, you told her what you saw. Being the scientist she is, she asked questions and was intrigued, and halfway through her tests you had agreed on, you realised she was the only one who hadn't batted an eyelid and believed you. It made your heart warm. However, none of the tests gave any results leading to anything. Lena was mad, you were mad, but you couldn't stay mad for long when she put a movie on and said ,'forget it. If there's no science behind it, it doesn't matter.' So you did.
For a long time, you just ignored the numbers. It was easiest. There was the odd time someone asked for a date and you saw the solid 1 on their head, so you declined.
Lena left to work for LuthorCorp after MIT and somehow dragged you with her, resulting in your friendship continuing steadily. After she moved to national city, you could tell her need for moral support was high, and there was nothing but an annoying girlfriend with a 5 on her head keeping you at metropolis. So you dumped her and left. When Lena became CEO, she appointed you CFO instantly and before you could even ask if it was favouritism, she said you deserved it and proceeded to show you the impressive profile you had built up.
And that's where you are now, having lunch with Lena in her slightly bigger office and listening to her bang on about this girl Clark Kent brought with him for an interview.
'She was kind I could tell.' Lena said for the 50th time.
'Do you have a slight crush on this 'Miss Danvers'?' You asked with a laugh at her horrified face.
'You know blonds aren't my type. They're yours. Actually, now I think about it, you'd like her. If she comes back I'll be sure to introduce her.' Lena smirked.
'Oh come on Lee. I've already given up with the whole relationship thing. It just gets tricky with you know.' You gestured vaguely to where the 90 was.
'The numbers?' She stage whispered with a giggle.
'Yes the numbers. Anything below a 90 is clearly not as good as you so I don't want it.' You shrugged.
'Well, just you wait. Someone will come crashing into your life and have a 100 up there. Or 200. Or whatever the top number is for this thing.'
'I don't think I have the patience to wait much longer.' You sighed.
But you didn't have to wait much longer, because a week later you walked into Lena's office and met Kara Danvers.
'Hey Lee I need to just run something- oh sorry didn't realise you had company.' You we're about to close the door again.
'Wait (Y/n) come meet Kara. She's the CatCo journalist I told you about.' Lena stopped you.
'Again not a journalist.' A smooth voice cut through.
You heard Lena mumble a 'could've fooled me' but you were stuck on the bright 100 that lines Kara's head.
'Holy smokes.' You whispered, forcing your body to move and introduce yourself.
'Umm hey I'm (Y/n) (Y/l/n).' You stammered slightly, trying to take in the fact this is the highest number you've seen so far.
'Umm nice to meet you.' She said, not holding her hand out, not saying her name, not really doing anything but staring at you.
An awkward silence filled the room where Kara just kept staring.
'Well... I should let you get back too it? I'll umm, see you later Lena?' You wondered how on earth you were so compatible with someone who didn't say much at all.
'Yeah. I'll see you later.' Lena was looking at Kara weirdly. You left, too confused and dazed to do much for the rest of the day.
'So Kara didn't say much after you left. Which is weird for her. I think she was blinded by your beauty.' Lena barged into your office unannounced.
'Lena she's 100.' Was all you said, still reeling over it.
'She's 100?!!! Oh my god!' Lena jumped up and hugged you. 'This is amazing!'
'It's not!' You started pacing. 'She clearly wasn't interested in me. I mean do we even know if 100 is the maximum?!'
'Well I sure how it is cause I'm a 90! And I'm sure she was just stunned by your beauty.' Lena shoved you playfully.
'Yeah yeah whatever. I don't know what to do about it now anyway. She's left.' Your head tilted downwards in defeat.
'Hey she might come back. I like to think of myself as good company?' Lena said with a smirk.
'True. I don't know Lena. She is hot though.' You thought back to the piercing blue eyes and broad shoulders.
'If your eyes weren't so glued to her hairline they'd of definitely been on her arms.' Lena commented.
'Lena!' You blushed.