Are you on the menu? (Lena)

6:30
You held onto the mop you were supposed to be using to clean the floor and belted the lyrics into it, not knowing how loud you truly were because you had headphones in.
'And I was cryin' on the staircase
Beggin' you, "Please don't go, " and I said
Romeo, take me somewhere we can be alone
I'll be waiting, all there's left to do is run
You'll be the prince and I'll be the princess
It's a love story, baby, just say, "Yes"'
You run out of breath and whilst you were recovering, you realised someone was watching.
Shit.
No one is ever in the cafe before 7! That's what you thought anyway. That's why you fit in your daily terrible singing to love songs from 6-7 when cleaning. The cafe is open but no one goes into it. It's small, and next to a large chain coffee shop, so not many people come in and when they do, it's always at lunch time. Not this early?!
'Oh hi. I'm sorry. I didn't see you there. Let me serve you.' You said quickly, trying to hide the embarrassment you felt. You hadn't looked up to see if it was a familiar face, too caught up on the fact you had just sung badly in front of a customer.
'It's quite alright.' She replied. She sounded posh and commanding, something you weren't used to.
When you got past the counter, you finally looked up.
Emerald green eyes met yours in a passionate yet gentle gaze. You felt instantly drawn to her, but thought nothing of it as you felt that with a lot of people. You had a tendency to attach to people easily.
'Okay, what do you want to order?' You said, clearing your throat to put up the facade of control a barista is supposed to have.
'Are you on the menu?' She replied smoothly.
'The amount of times I've heard that one makes me believe I might be.' You sighed with a small giggle.
'Well I'll keep it in mind and up my game next time.' She said. Wow this woman is forward.
'I'll look forward to it.' You said back with ease. Flirting with customers was something you did to make the day more fun. Most are just passing by and you never see again, so nothing comes out of it. You wondered whether the same would be for the mystery lady.
'A black coffee please Miss (L/n).' She said, squinting at your name tag.
'Coming right up.'
'Will that be all Miss?' You asked after handing over her coffee, trying to dismiss the small tingle your fingers touching created.
'Yes, thank you.' She handed over her money and left without another word.
Huh. I guess she was just aimlessly flirting then.
The next day...
6:30
You were mopping the floor again and listening to music, not singing this time for caution of someone coming in. You had it on louder this morning because you wanted to drown out the city noise that had kept you up all night.
That's why the tap on your shoulder gave you a fright, a big enough one for you to slip on the floor you had just cleaned and crash on your bum. Pretending your not in pain, you got up swiftly and looked your scarer in the eye. And it was those green eyes again.
'Can you stop falling for me?' She asked with an amused look.
You heard her loud and clear because your fall made you loose your earphones.
'I'll try my best but if you keep scaring me I won't be able to help it.'
'I'm sorry. Are you okay?' She asked, her amused tone gone and replaced with a concerned one.
'I'm fine, seriously. Now what can I get you.'
'A black coffee please.' She repeated her order from yesterday.
'Coming right up.' You said out of habit.
'There you go keep your change...' you trailed off, hinting you wanted her name.
'Lena.' Her soothing voice said.
'Lena.' You repeated to yourself once she had left.
2 weeks later...
Mopping the floor, in your vision you saw familiar heels. Even though you didn't feel great, it still warmed your heart to see them. She still warmed your heart. You stood upright to look into familiar eyes.
'Did it hurt when you fell from heaven?' Lena asked in a serious tone.
You managed to give her a small smile but nothing more. It had been a tough night.
'Hey are you alright?' She said after noticing your unusual sadness.
'Yeah I- well no- it's- ugh- i don't know.'
'When do the next wave of customers usually come in?' 'She changes the subject real quick' You thought to yourself.
'Umm around 7.'
'Walk me to work?' She said with a hopeful tone.
Your dull eyes met hers as you nodded.
As you locked up, she turned around and breathed in deeply.
'Inside always feels claustrophobic.' She explains.
'I agree.' You said with a tiny grin.
'Do you want to talk about what is bothering you?'
'No. Well, yes.'
'Take your time.' She said in a soothing voice.
'Thank you.' The next five minutes of your walk was in comfortable silence, Lena waiting for you to start.
'I grew up in the countryside. There was no noise and no- no distractions. Sometimes I just get overwhelmed with the city. It's a lot all at once.' You tried to force your thoughts out.
'Here, let's take a left. It takes us through a park. It's not the same, but it's the best I can offer at the moment and there are no cars.' She steered you towards the direction she was meaning.
'Is this even on your way to work?' You tried to suppress a chuckle but failed.
'They won't mind if I'm a little bit late.' She brushed it off.
'What are you the boss or something?'
'Something like that. Now, stop talking and enjoy the silence.' She demanded.
10 minutes later, you stole another glance at her, the ones you had been stealing every few seconds. She looked troubled.
'What's wrong?'
'This is where we have to leave the park. I'm sorry I could only give you this much solitude.'
You cautiously placed your hand on her soft one.
'It's more than anyone has done for me. Thank you.' You said with sincerity.
'Come on let's get you to work.'
When you got to the looming building, you started connecting the dots.
'Lena... you aren't the Lena Luthor by any chance?'
'Guilty.' She looked down with a blush.
'Holy crap! This is amazing! I'm friends with a- with a famous person!'
She looked up stunned, obviously not expecting this reaction.
'You don't hate me?'
'Why would I lena this is awesome!' Caught up in the moment, you gave her a bone crushing hug.
'I have to get back to the cafe but I'll see you tomorrow!' You said after you had checked the time after pulling away and ran off.
3 months later...
6:30
You waited for the eyes you had learned to love. The smile that lit up yours. The woman that you had clearly fallen for.
When she walked through those doors, you waited for her pick up line.
'I can hold my liquor but kissing you would make my knees weak.' She said with a grin.
She waited for your response, but it was going to be different today.
Instead of words, you walked over to her, tilted her perfectly chiseled chin up towards you, and placed your lips to her soft ones. This is what you had been waiting for. Nerves built slightly as she tensed but after a second, she relaxed.
Lena pushed her lips further into yours and snaked her hand behind your neck, tugging you impossibly closer.
When your need for oxygen became present, you reluctantly pulled away.
There was a blissful few seconds of heavy breathing and trying to calm down heartbeats where you simply looked into each other's eyes.
'My knees are definitely weak.' She murmured, her face still close to yours.
You let out a breathy laugh.
'Sorry I couldn't help it. I've wanted that for ages.'
Instead of a response, she pulled her lips back onto yours.
She's wanted it for ages too.