◼️2

Y/n Pov

I kept the knife and fork in my place after I finished eating my breakfast, my head still hurt due to the intake of whiskey last night. I was about to get up but my father showed up and handed me some papers. 

On reading the front one I got confused and kinda angry "What is this, father?" I asked him in a slightly raised voice while he stood calm. 

"What are you trying to do?" I asked him again. 

"Giving you my legacy" he answered. 

"Legacy should be given after one is dead you are alive" I threw those papers on the dining table. 

He knew I was angry, "Y/n I want to tell you something," he said in his calm tone. 

"I'm dying, I've barely 2 months left" there was a slight pain in his voice. 

"I knew it" my voice became cold and I sat on the chair. "I got a text a few days earlier when I was In Busan, Why didn't you tell me earlier?" I continued talking. 

He stared at me in disbelief after knowing I knew about his death. 

"You could just email me," I said 

"Y/n, I couldn't, Emailing you my death would be an invitation for the underworld to fight you for my position. And I didn't want that" he said. 

"Every man who is supposed to be hanged gets 3 wishes, I don't have 3, I just have two, will you fulfill them?" he continued. "What are those, father," I asked. 

"I want you to take over my legacy the day I die, and..." he paused debating with his own thoughts to tell me or not about the 2nd wish. 

"And the second?" I asked

"When your mother was pregnant with you, she wanted to see you getting married to a beautiful woman...she's isn't there to see you but If u do marry while I'm here I can tell her after I go to her," he said silently. 

Those lines hurt like hell. I've always thought my father hated me because of my mother's death, but now I realised how much he loved me. He loved me because I was the only thing my mother left for him. 

"I will, but fine me a beautiful woman, father" I left the dining room and walked to my room. He only told me his 2 wishes and lied that he didn't have a 3rd one. But being his son I knew what his 3rd wish was. 

As I said earlier, I and My father were never close, I was sent to boarding school when I was 8 and I came back when I was 17 and then started going abroad for missions. I barely got time with my father besides childhood. I came back four months with no intention of staying. But the text from the hospital about my father's health made me stay because I knew he needed me. He never spoke but he wanted me to be his friend, someone with whom he can have fun, someone with whom he could talk, he wanted me to be an Ideal son which I've always failed. 

After I realized my mistake, I knew I had very less time, so I planned to make him as happy I could make him so he would enjoy his last days and tell my mother about her son she has never seen. If I left my father now knowing he is going to die or treat him the same, like a stranger then after his death I would become a stranger to both my parents because my mother never saw me and my father who saw me was never close to me. 

I locked myself inside my room and sat on my chair thinking if I took the right decision to get married because I never trusted in love because...I was never taught to love. The woman whom my father would choose would be unlucky because she won't get a man who would love her. Because I know I would never be a Perfect Man for any woman. 

No one can love a Devil, because even he himself can't love him...