◼️1

Author Pov

Chris and Y/n both were in the car, returning from Busan having a good time chatting. They've been friends for almost 12 years. 

"So are you having any plans?" Chris asked. 

"Planning to go for the ball" y/n replied in his cold and deep voice. 

"Wait- What? Y/n Kim planning to attend the ball? never seen this side of you" Chris took a pause "Is there any chance for a female?" he asked raising his eyebrow knowing there might be a chance. 

"No, I just like the atmosphere there, music and dance maybe even some drink" Y/n replied and continued driving. 

"But tell me, is it the atmosphere or World's biggest Mafia King admires some female?" Chris continued asking. 

"Chris..." y/n sighs "You know I have no shot at love, my father raised me with all the moral values to make me an evil and a good man but failed to add love" Y/n stopped talking and thought of something. "How could he even add love when he lost his wife because of my birth, he must hate me for that"

"Y/n don't be like that, but still is-" "Were here," y/n said with a done look on his face. 

Chris got out y/n's car and walked towards his door before going inside he turned around looked at the man inside the car and loudly said "당신이 당신의 밤을 즐기시기 바랍니다 (hope you enjoy your night)" and stepped inside his door. 

Y/n Pov

I loosened my tie and threw my coat on my bed, it was still 7.40 pm there was much time for the ball. I walked outside my room and went to my father's office 

Knocks the door

"Come in," a voice said. 

"Father, you aren't ready yet. I was wondering if we could go to the ball together" I said without any emotion in my tone. 

His eyes looked surprised when I asked him that It had been 4 months since I was living with my father and many times he tried asking me If I wanted to join him for a ball or party and I always denied it but today it felt different. 

"Are you sure you want to go?" he asked in disbelief and happiness. 

"Yes," I paused "I'll get ready, and even if you do, so we won't be late," I said and exited the room. 

I went inside my room and dressed after a warm shower once I was ready I walked downstairs and waited for my father inside the car. After a few moments of me waiting he joined in. He had a bright smile on his face which I barely saw. 

The whole car ride was silent, I and my father don't have a deep connection with each other. I'm always abroad due to work and he stays in Seoul and manages the group. After my childhood, I've never spent more time with my father. But now I wanted to do it. Because of the message, I received a few days before. 

When we reached the party everyone was shocked to see me with my father, this was probably my first appearance as his son. They say He was God of the Underworld and he created me, 'A Devil'. 

I have never been to a ball before, not even one but I admire the waltz, I did it once back in my boarding school. After that, I never gave it a shot. My father caught me staring at the people on the dance floor and came to me. 

"Why don't you dance, I'll help you find a partner" he smiled. 

"I would, but you finding me a partner won't make me wanna dance" I looked at him "I would dance when my heart is begging for it when it aches to dance with someone," I said with a plain face but looking at my father I understood my words impacted him. 

"Son, it's hard to find someone like that then" he smiled and handed me a glass of schottish whiskey.  

I was introduced to many people, most of the families of Mafia and Billionaires, strange, Mafia talk about how much power they have, and Billionaires about their wealth, they just flex what they have got little and show it as huge as a mountain. 

After the ball we finally reached home, and my father seemed in a really happy mood. Before we both parting our ways to our bedrooms I said "Good Night" 

He smiled again and said "Y/n Thankyou" he paused thinking I might reply but I just nodded slightly "Good Night Son"