68- Louisiana

Y'all have waited long enough! Here's a new chapter :D

~Skip to the rodeo in Louisiana~

The last rodeo was just really uneventful mostly because I was told not to ride due to my concussion at the one before. I know Cosmo didn't mean to do it and accidents happen. We were both pretty lucky compared to some other accidents I've witnessed before.

Blake and I worked until around 11o'clock that night to get our whole area at the rodeo grounds all set up. It didn't help that we had hit traffic and ended up arriving much later than I had wanted to be there.

Once the fence panels were all set up I let my boys off the trailer and into their pen for the night. I don't believe in tying them to the trailer. I would much rather bring fencing to set up at each show. I made sure they were all set for the night and had plenty of hay and water. Then Blake and I climbed into the bed of his truck to go to sleep.

~~

I guess it kind of worked out he had to be up early to take a drive to the army base in Baton Rouge, and I just had to be up early to take care of my horses.

Our alarm went off on his phone and his arms tightened around my waist. I felt his breath travel down my neck when he said;

"Ugh I don't wanna get up."

I smiled before saying; "You have to though."

He grumbled and pulled me even closer.

"Blake we've gotta get up."

"Fine."

I sat up and stretched. Only to be mimicked by Blake, which made me laugh.

I climbed over the side of his truck and slid gracefully to the ground. I slowly made my way to my trailer to make my horses' morning grain.

I stirred in all of the supplements and gave them their breakfast, making sure that they stayed at their own dishes and didn't try to eat from each other's. Back at Blake's truck he fell back to sleep and I had to climb back in and wake him or he was gunna be late.

"Blake, you really have to get up."

"I know okay I'm up."

He didn't necessarily yell at me but he had a tone in his voice.

"Hey don't get mad at me."

"Sorry Leah honey I just didn't sleep well I didn't mean it."

I nodded and said okay.

He left for basic training and I went to go get Cosmo saddled up for a few practice runs before qualifiers this afternoon.