69- Abandoned Barns

Cosmo was starting to get all excited as I walked him towards the ring. I was just going to take some practice runs but I changed my mind and decided to lunge him. This will hopefully take away some of the nerves and extra energy he has.

So what if I don't make it to the qualifying round. I would much rather be safe than sorry.

~~

As the qualifiers were about to start Cosmo was finally a little more settled down. I strapped on my helmet and put on a thin pair of riding gloves. Barrel racing reins are brutal on your hands since they're just braided rope.

We completed our qualifying run and on our short ride back to the trailer another rider approached me.

"Hi I'm Elizabeth Denali and I'm new to this circuit."

Me: "Hi, I'm Leah Lively."

Elizabeth: "I have barrel raced for quite a few years and as it looked to me you were holding your horse back."

Me: "Yeah I had a pretty bad fall a few weeks back and am still recovering from it."

Elizabeth: "Oh my I'm sorry to hear that."

Me: "Eh it's not too big of a deal, no broken bones and no hurt pony."

She laughed when I called Cosmo a pony because he clearly is not.

Elizabeth: "You are a really great rider and don't let a minor accident like that hold you back."

Me: "Thanks."

She asked her really expensive looking horse for a canter and they went off in the other direction.

I took my extra time to clean all of the shavings out of my trailer and put down new ones. I heard that if a horse stands in used shavings for too long, like a long drive, it can actually damage their hooves. I wasn't about to take any chances.

Blake got back just in time for the results of the qualifier to be announced.

When we both heard I made it into the top division he leaned down to whisper into my ear;

Blake: "I think this calls for a celebration." He let his breath trail down my neck and this made me shiver. He noticed and smiled.

Me: "Why what do you have in mind?" I played dumb.

Blake: "You know what I mean darling."

I blushed and he saw the opportunity and took it.

Instantly his arms were around my waist and he threw me up over his shoulder. I wiggled and tried really hard to get free but it was just not happening.

Blake: "Stop squirming I really don't wanna drop you."

Me: "Where are we going?"

Blake: "Oh trust me you'll like this one."

He turned abruptly and headed towards an abandoned barn on the other side of the field. Once inside he walked up some old creaky stairs that led to the loft. In the center was an old horse blanket already all spread out across eight bales. He set me down and I instantly slipped out of my sweaty t-shirt. We hadn't had sex in a while due to our conflicting schedules.

Sensitive part begins here:

Blake sat down on the edge of our hay bale bed to take off his boots meanwhile I quietly removed all of my clothes. He turned around and discovered me naked and I saw a smirk creep across his face.

His hands landed on my hips and he used his body to pin me down underneath him. Our lips met and then our tongues until we were both out of breath. His kisses started moving down my body until he got to just below my belly button. His hands gently slid their way down my sides and stopped on my thighs as he slowly opened my legs.

Sensitive part ends.

"Hello? I know there are people in here. This is private property and you cannot be in here."

We both heard a voice yell from the main floor of the barn.  

I giggled and Blake tossed me my clothes. We both got redressed and made our way back down the stairs to find this lady.

Elizabeth: "Oh hi Leah I didn't know it was you in here."

Me: "Yeah sorry about that."

Elizabeth: "It's okay we should've put a rope across the entrance or something, you had no idea."

Me: "Wait what do you mean?"

She started to walk out of the barn and we followed her.

Elizabeth: "This barn is so old that it was deemed unstable for habitation."

Blake: "So what you're saying is it could've collapsed in on us."

Elizabeth: "Yeah pretty much."

Me: "Oh."

Elizabeth: "Yeah I'll have my daddy put up a warning sign so no one else will enter. But if you guys wanna continue anything..." She winked at me. "There's a four wheeler with keys in it on the other side of the silo. About a mile in that direction;" she pointed to the back left corner of the field, "there's a safer abandoned barn for y'all."

I giggled again and thanked her, and before I could say goodbye I was up and over Blake's shoulder again.