47- No hints

Once Blake and I finally woke up, on our own, the sun was almost all the way to the middle of the sky. Everyone was still chilling in the woods waiting for someone to figure out an escape plan.

According to Turner the cops were still waiting for us to leave.

Me: “Maybe we should just give up and accept the fines.”

Courtney: “Why? If we just wait until they do a shift change then we can all sneak out in the fifteen minute window.”

Me: “What?”

Andrea: “We’ve been watching and every night at 10:48 they leave and the second crew takes about fifteen minutes to come back.”

Me: “Really? They’re that stupid…?”

Everyone laughed and we decided to wait around until 10:45 that night.

We didn’t worry about putting license plates back on we were just making sure everyone got out.

Exactly at 10:48 just like Courtney said the cops all left. We all gunned it and made it home to our separate houses.

Blake dropped me off at my house and we said our goodnights. I snuck into my house and up to my room flopped onto my bed and caught up on all of the sleep I lost last night.

The next morning I woke up to an adorable text from Blake.

Good morning angel hope you slept well. Wanna hang out with me today?

I stretched and replied saying:

Good morning to you too! Yeah of course I want to hang out with you.

A few minutes later I got a reply:

Ok I’m headed over.

I quickly said:

But I’m not ready yet.

He pulled into my driveway and I walked down in horseshoe pajama pants and a baggy North Carolina sweatshirt.

Blake: “I don’t care if you’re not ready I’ll wait, it doesn’t bother me.”

Me: “Okay.”

He sat down on the couch in my living room as I walked back up to my room to get dressed.

I didn’t want him to have to wait for a long time but I didn’t want to look like a bum either. I grabbed a pair of my cleanest jeans and my favorite tank top and plaid shirt combination. I brushed my hair and threw it up into a cute but messy bun. I brushed my teeth; put some moisturizer on my face, and applied deodorant and a spritz of perfume. Lastly I slid my feet into a pair of cowgirl boots and made my way downstairs.

 Blake heard me coming downstairs but didn’t get up off the couch. I walked into the living room and sat down next to him.

Blake: “You look beautiful.” He smiled and reached an arm out pulling me closer to him.

Me: “Really?”

He leaned in close to my ear and whispered “Yes you do. Why can’t you just accept my compliment?”

I laughed quietly because his breath tickled my neck.

Blake: “No seriously why can’t you accept any compliments.”

I sat there and thought about it briefly.

Me: “I guess it has to do with not being used to hearing them.”

He nodded and pulled me into his lap.

Blake: “No matter what you wear you are beautiful to me.”

I rested my head on his chest momentarily reaching up to kiss his chin.

Me: “So what are we gunna do today?”

Blake: “Well I know how much you LOVE surprises.” He said sarcastically.

Me: “Aw com’on can I at least have a hint?”

Blake: “Nope.” He grinned evilly.

He stood up as I slid off of his lap and ended up standing with me in front of him hugging him. I rested my lips at the base of his neck and whispered; “Not even one vague little hint?”

Blake: “So tempting but nope no hints.”

I frowned and he laughed.

Blake: “Stop doing that cute little begging face and get in my truck already.” He kidded.

Me: “Okay damn you’re hard to crack today.”

We got into his truck and he took off away from town still not giving me the slightest of hints as to where we were going.

----