43- Getting back to normal

Blake kept our date simple and I really appreciated it. We went out to eat at Friendly’s and drove around town just talking.

Blake: “I’m really glad you agreed to coming out of your house.”

Me: “Me too.” I didn’t say what was really on my mind.

How every second I am checking over my shoulders, and how I am constantly holding on to Blake afraid every time he gets more than a yard away from me.

I took a deep breath and let the paranoia blow away. We are in the safety of his truck.

Blake: “I miss just driving around with you. Would you just please come over here?”

He raised his arm gesturing for me to scoot over next to him. I unbuckled my seatbelt and slid onto the middle seat. He wrapped his arm around my shoulders after I buckled my seatbelt.

I turned up the radio and rested my head on his shoulder as he cruised down some old back roads.

All I remember is falling asleep in the cab of Blake’s truck. When I woke up I was being set down on a bed. It didn’t feel like mine. I woke up with a start and freaked out for a moment.

Blake: “Shhh Leah its okay we’re in my room, you’re safe I promise.”

Me: I let out a long sigh “Okay sorry.”

Blake: “Don’t apologize I should’ve woken you up before carrying you up here.”

He unlaced his boots and slid under his covers next to me. I moved so I was lying right next to him and fell right back asleep.

About an hour later I got a panicked phone call from my momma.

Momma: “LEAH, Leah where are you?!”

Me: “Momma? What’s wrong? I’m at Blake’s house.”

Momma: “Oh okay sorry dear, I freaked out when you weren’t home.”

Me: “It’s okay I should’ve called, sorry.”

Momma: “As long as you’re safe and with Blake its fine honey.”

Me: “Okay, is it alright if I just sleep over here?”

Momma: “Leah?”

Me: “What?”

Momma: “Never mind, sleep well.”

Me: “Goodnight Momma.”

She said goodnight and we hung up. I tried to reach across Blake to put my phone back down on his bedside table without waking him up. I was unsuccessful.

Blake: “Hey is everything alright?”

Me: “Yeah my Momma was worried because I wasn’t home.”

Blake: “I can bring you back if you need to go home.”

Me: “No, it’s okay she said I can stay here tonight.”

Blake: “Okay good.”

He kissed me gently and passionately until we were both out of breath. We cuddled together and easily fell back to sleep.

--

The next morning I was woken up by a warm pressure on my lips. My eyelids fluttered open to see Blake hovering above me.

Blake: “Good morning cutie.”

Me: “Good morning, how’d you sleep?”

Blake: “Much better with you here with me.”

I smiled and kissed him quickly. His hand held onto my jaw lengthening our kiss.

Needless to say our kiss turned into a make out session and morning sex.

Afterwards I lied underneath Blake’s covers all warm and tingly and Blake emerged from his bathroom with a shocked look on his face.

Me: “What? What’s wrong?”

Blake: “The condom broke.” He said simply.

When I didn’t respond a smile spread across his face.

Blake: “I’m just kidding.”

Me: “Blake Wells, please don’t kid about something like that I am so not ready to be a mother!” I practically shouted.

He climbed back into to his bed next to me and smoothed out my hair waiting for me to calm down.

Blake: “Sorry, I didn’t know you felt that way.”

Me: “I mean like I’ll want kids someday but not while I’m in high school.”

Blake: “Why you don’t want to be on the next episode of 16 and Pregnant?”

I nudged him.

Me: “No because most of those couples on there have really unhealthy relationships and I don’t want to be like them.”

Blake: “Good point.”

He kissed my forehead.

Me: “I’m so glad its summer break and we don’t have to worry about getting up for school.”

Blake: “Yet another good point.”

He sat up wrapped his arms around me and effortlessly pinned me down.

Blake: “Because you’re not going anywhere.”

I laughed and pinched the only spot that I know of that he’s ticklish. The little bit of muscle right above his hip bone, weird I know, but it worked and he instantly got off of me.

Me: “You were saying?”

Blake: “Hey not fair!”

Me: “Neither was using your manly strength against me, so I did what I had to do.”

An evil grin made its way across his face as he reached over and began tickling me instead. For me it’s on my sides and he knew it.

We were both still naked as he once again pinned me down while still running his fingers up and down my sides.

Me: “Blake… please… stop…” I said taking breathes between each word.

Blake: “Only because you look like you’re struggling to breath.”

Me: “Thanks.”

He smiled at how easy it is to defeat me.

Once I caught my breath we both got dressed and lazily walked downstairs to find food. Then I needed to get back home to feed my horses breakfast too.

----