27- Water fight!

Instead of eating dinner inside my momma asked me to hose off the outdoor dining furniture so we could eat there instead.

Momma: “Just be careful when you open the umbrella, I have no idea if there’s a hornet’s nest in there or not.”

Me: “Oh wonderful.”

Blake: “Do you have any spray stuff just in case.”

She nodded and stepped inside to grab an aerosol can of hornet poison.

Me: “You open it and I’ll spray any possible occupants.”

Blake: “Ok ready… 3.2.1.”

He quickly pulled the umbrella open and it was clear, we both let out a sigh of relief. Hornets are nasty little buggers, especially when they’re mad.

The two of us took trips with the four chairs and brought the table to the driveway where the hose from the barn reaches.

Blake walked to the side of the barn to turn the water on and I sprayed all the dust and pine needles off of everything. I jokingly threatened to spray him with the hose.

Blake: “Don’t you dare that water is freezing!”

He ran inside the barn and grabbed a bucket as a shield. Every time I aimed at him he caught it with the bucket, eventually filling it up. He shut the water off so I was then left helpless. Blake looked at me with an evil look on his face, while still holding the bucket of cold water.

Me: “Ok sorry please don’t I’m begging you.”

Blake: “Pretty please with whipped cream and a cherry on top?”

I smiled and repeated what he said.

Blake: “Not good enough.”

He dumped the bucket over my head laughing.

I stood there in front of him completely soaked. Good thing I’m wearing a dark t-shirt so my bra wouldn’t show through.

Me: “Why?” I asked shivering.

Blake: “Aw I didn’t think it was really that cold.” He pulled me into a hug trying to help warm me up.

I still had the hose in my other hand even though it was off.

Just then I heard the knob turn and the water came on.

Dad: “I’m on your side Leah, get him back!”

I laughed and sprayed Blake with the hose. His face was priceless.

Me: “Is it cold?”

Blake: “Holy crap yeah!” He refrained from saying shit since my parents were standing right there laughing at us.

He grabbed his bucket again and threw more water at me. I did manage to get him a few times but he still wasn’t nearly as soaked as I am.

Momma: “Ok you two time for dinner.” She tossed us each a towel and helped us get the now clean furniture back up onto the back deck.

Dinner is hamburgers or cheeseburgers with crinkle cut French fries on the side.

Blake and I both ate dinner quickly so we could go inside and change out of our wet clothes. I found an old pair of my Dad’s sweatpants that he doesn’t wear anymore and I tossed one of my oversized camo sweatshirts to Blake. He changed in my bathroom and I threw my hair into a messy bun while waiting for him to get out.

I took my turn in my bathroom to change and wore my other camo sweatshirt, and a pair of my sweatpants. Lucky for Blake I gave him my camo and orange sweatshirt and I wore my camo and pink one.

Blake: “Hey we almost match…”

Me: “Pretty close except for the pink and orange.”

I looked in the mirror and realized how bad my hair was. I grabbed my brush and attempted to fix it. When I was done I went to step back and found myself right in Blake’s arms. He hugged me from behind and kissed my cheek.

He laughed at me when I took out my phone and snapped a picture of us together like that to add to my Snapchat story.

Blake tightened his arms around my waist and pulled me right back and up against him. I’m 5’7” and he’s a good 4-5 inches taller than me when we’re both barefoot.

Due to how close we are standing I could feel his phone vibrate in his front pocket. I moved my bum out of the way and he reached for his phone, he answered and still hadn’t let go of me.

Blake: “Hello?”

I could hear his momma on the end of the phone.

Cindy: “Hey Blake I was just curious about when you’re gunna be home?”

Blake: “I guess in like 10 minutes.”

Cindy: “Okay tell Leah and her parents I said hello.”

Me: “Hi Cindy.”

Cindy: (To Blake): “Is that Leah?”

Blake: “Yes momma.”

We both smiled and they hung up the phone.

Blake: “Alright I should probably get going.”

Me: “I guess so…”

He unwrapped his arms from me and I instantly felt cold again. I shook it off and walked him out to his truck.

I reached up to hug him goodbye and was hit with cramps.

Me: “Ow.”

Blake: “What I didn’t do anything…”

Me: I sighed, “Nope just cramps.”

He carefully pulled me into a hug anyways.

Blake: “Oh so that’s why you weren’t feeling good earlier at school.”

I nodded against his chest, while he rubbed circles on my lower back.

Blake: “Will you be at school in the morning?”

Me: “Yeah I just need to take more Ibuprofen and I’ll be fine.”

Blake: Ok see you in morning.”

He kissed my forehead and jumped up into his truck. I walked into the barn to check on the boys after I watched Blake’s truck disappear down the road.

----