14- Leah and Blake?

I walked outside to Blake’s truck where he parked it in my driveway. I opened the door to his truck and carefully climbed in.

Blake: “So I take it that your momma said yes.”

Me: “Yeah!”

We pulled into his driveway and I saw a four wheeler parked up front.

Blake: “Surprise, part one.”

Me: “What there are parts now?”

Blake: “Yeah...” He jumped onto the four wheeler and I sat behind him. “Hold on!”

Me: “To what?!”

He grabbed my hands and wrapped my arms around his waist and turned the key and we are off!

I enjoyed the whole ride up the mountain mostly because he would keep looking over to make sure I was alright and sometimes kiss my cheek or forehead. Once we got there it was almost dark. Blake pulled into a clearing with tiki torches all set up in a circle around a blanket and some pillows in the grass. He took a lighter out of his pocket and lit the 10 torches. I watched him carefully set each wick on fire. The torches created this really cool and romantic lighting as it kept getting darker.

I walked over to the blanket in the middle and sat down with a pillow on my lap.

Blake: “Are you surprised?”

Me: “Yeah.” I smiled and I caught him blushing. “How’d you come up with it?”

Blake: “The internet.”

Me: “I should’ve guessed.” I yawned randomly, probably due to how tired I was from work and then being out here.

Blake: “Wanna lie down with me?”

I nodded and set the pillow that was on my lap next to his and moved to rest my head on it. At first we left some space between us. I lied next to him on my back looking at the stars. As it got darker the temperature dropped drastically, thank goodness I had changed into jeans, but I was still wearing a t-shirt. I shivered.

Blake: “Are you cold?”

Me: “A little bit.”

Blake: “I’ll be right back.”

He got up and walked over to the ATV and unlocked the box on the back. When he sat back down he handed me one of his sweatshirts. I put it on and pulled my hair out from inside and thanked him.

I was just about to lie back down next to him until I realized how long the sleeves are. Blake laughed and helped me roll them up then we actually snuggled together. One of his arms went under my head and his other over my stomach to hook onto my side. I sat up and grabbed the edge of the blanket to pull the extra over me.

Blake: “Hey aren’t ya gunna share?”

Me: “I suppose.”

He smirked and wrapped the blanket tightly around the both of us. This time we are both lying on our sides facing each other. Not only did the blanket keep us close together but Blake had his arms around my waist and a hand on the small of my back. I rested my head on his chest and stayed there while listening to his heartbeat. This time we were interrupted by my phone ringing.

Me: “Hey Momma.”

Momma: “Hello darling, do you know when you’re gunna be home?”

I glanced up at Blake and he shrugged.

Me: “Is it supposed to rain tonight?”

Momma: “I don’t think so why?”

Me: “Just wondering.”

Momma: “I would like you to come home tonight honey.”

Me: “Ok. Any time you want me home for?”

Momma: “How about 11?”

Me: “See you then.”

I hung up.

Me: “Sorry, overprotective mother.”

Blake: “Nah don’t worry about it.”

I checked my phone for the time and saw 10:15. I showed the screen to him and he squinted from the brightness.

Me: “Sorry,” I hit a button to turn it down. “Better?”

Blake sighed then said; “We should probably get everything packed up and head back downhill.”

Me: “Ok.”

I went to get up but he didn’t take his arms off of me. I turned my head back towards him and he kissed me. He was still very gentle almost like he didn’t want to hurt me. I kissed him back and moved closer to him before he had the chance to pull me closer. After that we both got up and folded the blanket. I packed it up and started the four wheeler so we could use the headlights. Blake put out all of the torches and tied them to the back of our ride.

Blake: “How about you drive.”

Me: “But I don’t know the way.”

Blake: “That’s why I’m here.”

I got on the four wheeler first and he sat right behind me. He grabbed the handle bars holding my hands at the same time. I was circled in his arms. We drove down to his house dropped off the torches and just took the four wheeler to drop me off.

We got to my house and I turned the key off. Blake took his hands off mine. I leaned back against his chest and looked up into his eyes. He kissed my cheek then my lips, just a simple goodnight kiss.

Me: “Goodnight Blake, and thanks for a nice night out.”

Blake: “Sleep well Leah.”

Me: “You too.” I wanted to say that’d I wouldn’t sleep well without him, but I thought it through and knew that would sound creepy. Besides my parents would never let him if they found out that we’re now dating.

----