33- Kids in the snow

I honestly don’t know why it took me so long to build up the courage. Once I finally told my parents about Blake and me dating, I could be much more open with them.

Me: “Momma! I’m going next door… Ok?”

Momma: “Ok sweetie.”

It was never that easy to get out of the house. I would have to make up a lie and have another person lie for me. The truth makes everything better.

I jumped into my truck and drove it the less than half mile to Blake’s house.

Now that winter has fully set in there’s no way in the world that I’m just going to walk there. I have gotten used to the colder temperatures but it still gives me chills.

Blake and I set up a movie and warmed up by the fire. It was my turn to pick so I picked a romantic comedy; romance for my taste, and comedy so Blake doesn’t get bored.

I just went home after the movie.

I planned on doing my homework until I heard a tapping noise every few seconds on my window.

I walked over to the only window in my room and cautiously pulled the shades to the side. Blake was standing in my backyard.

As I opened my window I saw a smile spread across his face. It was now midnight and I know my parents are fast asleep.

Blake: “Let me up?”

Me: “Yeah, how though?”

Blake: “Like this…”

He took a running start and jumped up grabbing a low tree branch, on the oak next to my bedroom window. He scaled the tree like a monkey and in no time was standing on the span of roof in front of my open window. I stepped back to let him climb inside.

Me: “Well you made that look way too easy.”

Blake: “That’s one of the things upper body strength comes in handy for.

Me: “One of?”

Blake wrapped his arms around me spun us around and pinned me against the wall. “That’s the other thing.” He said.

Before I could answer his lips were on mine. They stayed there for a short instance to only travel down to my collar bone.

Me: “Sorry to dampen your mood but it’s my time of the month. We ain’t doing anything tonight…”

Blake removed his lips from my neck on briefly to say; “That’s ok cuddling is still nice.”

He lightly latched his hands onto my hips and carried me to my bed. He lied me down and untied his boots before lying down next to me.

I had originally been lying on my stomach with my face looking away from him. He was lying on his side facing me.

Blake: “This isn’t exactly what I’d call cuddling.”

I groaned softly, “Cramps.”

I heard him move then sit up next to me. I didn’t bother moving. I felt his hands lightly run up and down my sides and rub circles on my back. He kept doing that until I fell asleep.

~

When I woke up the next morning he was still there. I got up without waking him and slowly made my way downstairs for some Midol.

I went back up to my room and lied back down. I snuggled up to him as he woke up briefly to wrap his arms around me and smile. He kissed my forehead and we both fell back to sleep.

~

I was the first to get up, again, but this time I stayed up and got dressed.

I put on a bunch of layers of warm clothes to brave the weather and go feed my boys.

Of all mornings we were having a blizzard, but I signed up for the responsibility of owning horses. I fed both Mars and Cosmo, put their winter blankets on and let them outside. I watched from the shelter of the barn as the two of them cantered around bucking and rearing. It reminds me of kids playing in the snow.

----