26- A little romance

That night I came home with my dream prom dress. My momma agreed with the girls on how perfect it is for me. They even give customers a black dress protecting bag to keep it out of harm’s way.

 I jumped out of my truck at home and grabbed my dress bag. As I was headed inside Blake startled me. He was standing just inside the barn and I hadn’t noticed.

Blake: “Hey don’t I get to see it?”

Me: “Nope that’ll ruin the surprise.”

Blake: “Aw ok.”

Me: “You don’t have to stay out here you can come inside.”

Blake: “I know I just thought it was weird to hang out with your Dad without you here.”

I smiled and nodded agreeing with him. He followed me up to my room where I hung my secret dress in my closet. As I turned around he had made himself comfortable by sitting on the edge of my bed.

Blake: “So how was shopping with the girls?”

Me: “Good, why? What’d you do while I was gone?”

Blake: “I brought the boys in and fed them dinner for you.”

Me: “No way really?”

Blake: “Yeah, you have it all written out so I just thought I’d help.”

I reached over and gave him a quick hug.

Blake: “I was going to brush them too but couldn’t find your brushes.”

Me: “I keep them in the tack room.”

Blake: “Oh oops I never thought to look there.”

Me: “That’s alright it’s the thought that counts.”

As I was about to leave my room to head downstairs Blake hadn’t yet gotten up off the edge of my bed.

Blake: “I’m too lazy to get up.” He told me.

I walked over to stand in front of him offering a hand. To which he took but instead of standing up he used his strength to pull me onto his lap.

Then he wrapped his arms tightly around me so I had no chance of getting up.

Me: “Really?”

Blake: “Yes really.”

We both smiled at the same time and ended up laughing at each other. Our lips came pretty close and I went in for the first move this time. I gently placed my lips against his as he just ended up taking over. His hand managed to slid up and hold my jaw while his other one was still on the center of my back.

To make things a little more interesting he leaned back and lied down on my bed pulling me down on top of him, again tightening his arms so I couldn’t escape.

I smiled against his lips then he flipped us over so he had me pinned down this time. Our kiss lasted for a few more moments before we were both out of breath.

Instead of getting completely off of me he slid most of his weight to the side and carefully moved me so I was lying on my side right up against him. I rested my ear against his chest as he put his chin on top of my head.

We stayed like that for a while, or at least until my Dad got home from work, and my momma called us down for dinner.

Blake: “I don’t wanna get up.”

Me: “You said that last time.” I said laughing at him.

Blake: “What I mean is that I don’t wanna let go of you. I just wanna hold you tight in my arms forever.”

I took my ear off his chest and looked up into his eyes and I could tell that he meant what he said.

He reached down and pinched my sides making me squirm away from his touch. To make things even more unfair he sat up and put one leg on either side of my hips and continued to tickle me.

I couldn’t stop myself from laughing.

Momma:  “Blake, Leah are you two joining us for hamburgers on the grill.”

I gave myself a second to catch my breath;

Me: “Yeah we’ll be right down.”

Blake: whispered to me: “Why are you lying you ain’t going anywhere.”

Me: “I can tell.” I said looking at how I was not in control of this situation.

He then continued to tickle me but this time he was lightly running his hands up and down my sides over my thin t-shirt. I kept on wiggling and he just simply put more of his weight on me so I couldn’t move.

Between breaths I was able to say; “This isn’t fair,” and “I can’t breathe, Blake stop.”

He laughed at how trapped I am and then let me catch my breath again.

Me: “Can you please just let me up now?”

Blake: “What’s the password?”

Me: “Ummm Chevrolet?”

Blake: “Damn alright I picked too easy of password.”

He swung one leg over my waist and freed me, for now, and then we both walked downstairs to my dining room table for dinner.

----