53- Another surpise

We got back to my house and the boys could just tell they were home. Cindy and I unlocked the back doors and put down the back ramp. Mars kept pawing at the shavings in the trailer and I sternly told him to stop it.

One at a time Cindy undid the butt bars and didn’t even need to lead them into their stalls they just went in. I filled up their water buckets and checked the trough in their pasture. We quickly checked the fence and made sure everything was secure. I turned them out into their pasture and Cindy and I went to drop off her friend’s trailer a few miles up the road. I thanked him profusely and made sure it was all clean before parking it where he asked.

I got home and Blake’s truck was already in my driveway. Cindy drove home just asking me to make sure to send Blake home for 5…

I nodded and thanked her again.

I would’ve driven my own horses’ home but I’m not too confident with a trailer attached. I knew it would be safer to have Cindy take care of it.

Blake: “Well I bet that’s a really nice thing to see.” He gestured to my boys out in the pasture.

Me: “Oh like you wouldn’t believe.”

He walked over to me and pulled me into his arms. We stood there like that for a few more minutes.

Blake: “And I miss seeing you happy.”

I looked up at him and smiled after giggling.

Blake: “Wanna go for a ride?”

Me: “Who wouldn’t?”

He laughed and we went to grab the boys to get them tacked up.

Blake and I went on a nice long trail ride. I put him on Mars, since Cosmo can be a little brat, sometimes.

We got out to the field behind my house and Blake asked Mars for a canter. I watched as he sat the movement like a pro.

Me: “Whoa when did you learn how to do that?”

Blake: “I was taking lessons in order to surprise you.”

Me: “Well you got me, I’m wicked surprised.”

Blake: “That’s what Evan and I were up to. His uncle has a horse farm and his aunt was giving me lessons.”

Me: “Oh!” I really am surprised I thought they were just up to some stupid boy stuff.

Blake: “Race ya home!” They took off at a gallop and got a head start.

Me: “Hey not fair.” I made a clicking noise with my mouth and Cosmo took off as well.

--

In the end I did beat Blake and Mars back to the barn, but not by more than a couple horse lengths.

Blake: “How did you beat us?”

Me: “Mars is more of a show horse and Cosmo is the speed demon.”

He nodded and got Mars all untacked.

Both of my boys were all sweaty. We took them out to rinse them off. It was warm enough that they could just be turned back out without having to worry about it. Blake took care of Mars and put him back in the pasture.

As I was spraying down Cosmo he snuck up behind me and stole the hose and sprayed me on purpose.

I was mad at first then I just laughed. I grabbed the bucket of water and poured it on him as payback. Cosmo stood there dancing in whinnying, almost as if he was laughing.

Blake: “Damn I didn’t see the bucket full of water.”

Me: “Hey karma is karma.”

I ran behind Cosmo and stole the hose back and sprayed Cosmo and then Blake, just for good measure.

By then his shirt was soaked. He pulled it off and stood there leaning against the barn waiting for me to be done with my horse. I couldn’t help it I kept glimpsing over at my boyfriend. No tan lines just an even dark tan, his body was dripping wet from the water and as I looked again he even has a bit of six-pack.

Blake: “Oh yeah keep on looking you know you wanna.”

I laughed and walked Cosmo back to the pasture with Mars. As soon as I locked the gate I turned around and was doused with extra cold water. I stood there and cross my arms, acting mad.

Blake: “Shit she’s mad.”

Me: “Oh you ain’t seen mad.”

He dropped the hose and took off into the barn. I heard him run up into the loft. Why would you pick the dead end? Well at least I thought I heard him run up the stairs. As I turned the corner I was ambushed. He pinned against the wall while he bragged about winning.

Me: “Good you aren’t stupid enough to run up and make the hay all wet.”

He leaned down and was biting at my neck then he smiled at my comment.

Blake: “No I’m not that stupid… Wet hay means fire, usually…”

I nodded and laughed because his lips were tickling my neck.

We heard a vehicle pull into my driveway and he instantly let go of me. As we walked out of the barn together we were both surprised by who is was.

----