71- Surprise?

-Blake's POV-

It's Leah's finals week at school and then she'll be out for winter break. I couldn't be more excited. Once she's out for winter break we will actually have some time to spend together, rather than the hey, thanks for feeding the horses, or the simple good morning and goodnight kisses before we have to separate and go to bed.

Her winter break last from December 23rd all the way until January 3rd! I will be spending as much time with her as we both possibly can. I may have a cute date planned for the night she finishes her last final at school.

-Leah's POV-

If I thought I was stressed before finals week, I was wrong. Trying to study, work, and worry about my horses getting enough attention is really demanding.

I am so excited for winter break I will be able to sleep in, feed a little later, spend time with Blake in the morning and then work in the afternoon. It will be too good to be true.

I had been studying non-stop for my finals because they count for at least half of the class grade. I woke up Monday morning, the first day of finals. I grabbed my jacket, gloves, hat, and Chippewa boots. I hesitated opening the door as I braced for the cold air to hit me. I slowly and lazily made my way out to the barn.

As I got closer I noticed the light was already on inside. This confused me. I cautiously made my way inside and found Blake standing there waiting for them to finish their grain. I ran over to him and hugged him really tight.

Me: "You are amazing!" I whispered into his ear.

Blake: "I just thought you could use some extra help."

Me: "Yeah you have no idea."

Blake: "Well, you know I'm always glad to help."

I stood there still wrapped in his arms and had to stand on my toes just to be able to kiss his chin. He smiled and leaned down to kiss my lips.

Me: "Gosh its been a while since we've been able to have a moment to ourselves."

Blake: "That's okay I still know you're alive and well, that's all that matters. I understand that you're busy; that's why I try to help you whenever I can."

Me: "I honestly really do appreciate it."

He kissed me again but held me close to make it last longer. I smiled against his lips and he ended up letting me go, laughing.

Blake: "I really miss this." He whispered into my ear.

Me: "Me too."

Blake: "Hey guess what?"

He totally threw me off with this.

Me: "What??"

Blake: "Friday night once you get out of work, I have a surprise for you."

Me: "A surprise?"

Blake: "Yeah, I just need to spare keys to your truck that day for part one."

Me: "Now there's parts?"

Blake: "You'll see."

Me: "But it's only Monday."

Blake: "I know and it'll drive you nuts all week."

Me: "It already is."

He tilted my head back to kiss me again.

Blake: "It's a good surprise, trust me."

Me: "Okay."

All week I was thinking about Blake's surprise. And it helped the week go by a lot faster.