3

Kinn's P.O.V:

I threw the cigarette to the ground and stepped on it with my shoe to make sure it was completely put out then turned to the bartender.

"I see you found another job that's good" I said.

He frowned and tilted his head to the side.

"Oh you don't remember? I saw you beating that news anchor at the TV you really kicked his ass hard" I said chuckling.

He chuckled and took another cigarette breath before letting it out.

"Well...He deserved it that bastard was a shitty boss" He said.

"Oh well...I don't think I'll ever know since my father is my boss and I'm also another person's boss so..." I started.

He took another breath from his cigarette before turning to me and looking me from head to toe.

"I was right then...You're really a rich one" He said.

"Is that bad?" I asked.

"Hmmm...You seem ok enough compared to your friends but I'm more curious about why a person like you is here at this rowdy bar instead of hanging at some fancy expensive liquor place" He said.

I shrugged.

"Change of scenery" I said.

"Or trying to escape a demanding girlfriend on a valentine's night" He said.

"Boyfriend actually" I said.

"Oh" He said.

I waited for any of the usual comebacks coming from total strangers.

"So...You're looking for a change of scenery away from an annoying boyfriend?" He asked.

"Yeah basically" I said.

"Ok" He said shrugging.

Then stretched his arms.

"Man that's why being solo is the best at least I won't have someone to bother me" He said.

I chuckled and shook my head.

"Want to try?" He asked.

I looked at the cigarette he raised in front of me.

"It's a one time valentine's day offer since I happened to have weed with me tonight" He said.

"Weed" I said looking at the cigarette in disbelief.

Then looked at him and narrowed my eyes.

"You're an addict?" I asked.

"Oh hell no...I just do it on the holidays when I'm extremely bored" He said.

Then waved his hand in front of me.

"What do you say?" He asked.

I took the cigarette from him.

Party time I guess.

Then I lit the cigarette and took a breath of it.

I didn't know why but I felt like laughing all of a sudden.

"So...How does that feel?" A faraway voice asked.

I took another breath and let it out then raised a thumb up as I chuckled.