39

Pete's P.O.V:

It wasn't exactly the chance I was hoping for but it was good enough.

I sat down next to mr Vegas and tucked at my jacket buttons awkwardly as he sipped his drink.

"You don't remember me right?" I asked.

"I do...I just don't remember your name" He said.

"It's Pete...And I...Ummm...I think I like you" I said.

"Huh?" He asked frowning in obvious confusion.

"I don't know how...I just think that I actually like you" I said smiling awkwardly.

"You must be imagining it there's no way that you actually like me when we barely met in the first place" He said.

I nodded to myself in agreement.

"I knew that you'd say that and I don't mind" I said.

"So you're alright with being rejected?" He asked.

I shrugged and nodded.

"But it doesn't mean that I'll ever stop trying because I do like you after all" I said smiling.

"That's actually quite degrading to be honest" He said.

Then sipped his drink once again and nodded before turning to me.

"Fine...Then what do you like about me? What's there to like?" He asked.

"You're handsome but I won't say that it's my reasoning because I'm not a shallow person and I refuse to be one...So I guess that it's the few times that we met at the gym and at the company that made me think this way" I said.

"What way? That doesn't make any sense at all" He said.

I turned to him and smiled.

"There was always something about you that made me think that you needed someone to talk to...Someone who's not a brother since your brothers must know everything about you" I said.

He frowned and tilted his head to the side.

"What I mean is that your brothers are good but not good enough...After all...They have their own lives...You need someone to share your life with you and I really hope I can be that person" I said.

He stayed silent for what felt like a minute.

But I noticed that his eyes were tearing up a bit.

So I reached out to wipe the tears away but before I could do that he leaned his head back and wiped them himself.

Then stood up.

"You talk too much...You can have the water view I'm going back downstairs" He murmured.

Then left.

I smiled to myself and hugged my knees as I looked up at the sky.

Had he listened until the end...I'd have said that the main reason why I like him was that I actually had a feeling that we're the exact same.

I stood up and looked at the water for a while then decided to just go back.

(Meanwhile)

Porsche's P.O.V:

I was making myself a plate of food when Kinn walked over to me.