53

Kim's P.O.V:

I walked into my father's room after knocking on the door.

"Dad...You should take care of yourself more...It won't do if you collapse" I said.

He looked up at me.

"Worrying about the business and trying to find Porsche won't do you any good so...Just eat and take your medicines ok? You need to rest too" I said.

Tankul walked into the room and closed the door behind him.

"Why do you care? The three of you said that you don't care about me as a father" Our father said as he looked at the wall in front of him.

I sighed heavily and pulled a chair then sat down in front of him.

"Dad...Why did you do it in the first place? Why did you cover for uncle Kan?" I asked.

Our father smiled sullenly.

"I don't know" He said.

I nodded to myself.

"I don't think I'll ever understand your reasoning but you know you shouldn't have done that...Look what happened now dad" I said.

He stayed silent as he looked at us.

"But you know what? We're still a family...We can't leave you like that" I said.

He looked up at me then at Tankul so me and Tankul looked at each other and smiled before looking back at him.

"We know that you did all this because you wanted to build something for us...But it wasn't our right to have this fortune in the first place...And we don't know how to start everything from scratch but if that ever happens...Why don't we do it on a clean slate?" Tankul asked smiling.

He pursed his lips into a thin line.

"I'm sure Kinn would have said something similar if he was here now" Tankul said.

I smiled and nodded in agreement.

"But I was also responsible for this since I was a witness who stayed silent without taking action" Our father said.

"There's always a way out dad...But how about we try finding a good enough lawyer as a start?" I asked.

He looked at us both then smiled.

Tankul gave him a hug as I patted my father's shoulder.

"We were wrong before when we said that we didn't care about you...But it's just the way you mistreated Vegas and Macau that always made us wary of you that's all" Tankul said.

Our father stayed silent but nodded.

"We were all wrong but it's not too late to start over...We'll get you out of this dad...Don't worry" I said.

"And once you're out we'll go back to being a family you and the three of us and Vegas and Macau too" Tankul said.

"Yeah...That would be great...I really owe them an apology" Our father said.

We stayed in his room until he was done eating so we gave him his medication before he went to sleep.

I pulled the blanket over him as soon as I was sure that he fell asleep and Tankul walked over to the window and closed it to prevent the cold window from coming in.

(Meanwhile)

Kinn's P.O.V:

The thing about our business going down and the land fire was all over the news.