Chapter 42

Chapter 42 The Polar Ice Field 08

    A glacier is like a living beast, its coercion dissipates when it is resting, and it is easily damaged when it is angry.

    The weather was still clear when we were walking just now, but in the blink of an eye, the dark clouds gathered together, the cold wind howled softly, and a blizzard would come at some point.

    "Hurry up and hurry," Jiang Ran came back to his senses and glanced at the sky, "We'll be leaving the glacier soon." But

    luck didn't favor them, and not long after they left, they encountered another huge iceberg seam.

    In fact, few people know that the most dangerous thing on the glacier is not the extremely low temperature, nor the blizzard with extremely high wind speed, but the ice crevasse.

    The reason is also very simple. Low temperature and blizzard are both visible and predictable dangers, but ice crevasses are often unpredictable. It is always when people are not aware of it, and it will kill them if they don't pay attention.

    An ice crevasse is a narrow abyss on a glacier, usually as deep as 30 meters and as high as a ten-story building. Once a person falls, even if he does not die on the spot, he often has no chance to escape. The fate waiting for him will only be Die slowly in despair.

    What's scary is that the ice crevasse is often covered with a very thin layer of snow, which is called a snow bridge. Humans never know when they are walking on a snow bridge and when the snow bridge will collapse.

    The only thing that was barely considered lucky was that the snow bridge that Jiang Ran and the others encountered somehow had a hole the size of a soccer ball pierced through, and Jiang Ran keenly noticed this, and called everyone to stop in time Come.

    "What should we do now?" Fu Bai asked nervously, "Do we have to go through here?"

    Bai Zhi looked carefully at the hole: "It must be at least ten meters deep below? I'll look down from here." You can't see the end at all."

    "But this is almost the only way to go down the glacier," Jiang Ran said, "If you take a detour, you have to pass through another snow cornice, and it will take at least three hours longer, but the snowstorm will soon It 's coming..."

    Although it is difficult to cross the snow gap, but on the balance of the two, this road still has to be walked.

    But since you have already seen the danger, of course you can't go directly to it recklessly.

    Jiang Ran took out a small square brick from his backpack, and walked towards the snow crevice.

    Zeng Pei followed up worriedly: "What are you going to do? It's dangerous over there."

    "This is a small bomb I brought," Jiang Ran said without raising his head, "The snow bridge is blocked by a crack in the snow. , the risk is too great, and only by blowing it up can we completely identify the location of the snow crack. It will be much safer to walk along the snow layers on both sides of the snow crack."

    Xu Yang also walked over: "You asked That's why I want to blow up bombs?"

    "No, how could I predict so much?" Jiang Ran said with a wry smile, "At the beginning, I thought it might be used on the ice field, even if I walked on the glacier, I could use it. Explosives are used to prevent avalanches, but I didn’t expect it to be used here.”

    Zeng Pei glanced forward: “It is conservatively estimated that this snow gap is at least fifty or sixty meters long, and it is impossible for a bomb to destroy the entire snow gap. The bridge exploded."