1. You Royal Pain in the Ass

"Love when the family is all together!" Hope declared kicking her feet up.

"Hope. What are you doing here?" Alicent countered.

"Hey sissy. Good to see you too." Hope mused. "I brought your son back. Daeron is a hoot. We are buddies and he isnt too thrilled with you."

"What are you doing here?" Alicent asked again

"Petition and what not."

"Oh are you too petitioning for driftmark?" Alicent mused.

"Whats with the hostility?"  Hope declared extending her arms. "Im here to help."

"Hope!" Otto declared smiling when he saw her.

"Hey daddio." Hope said as she got up.

"I didn't realize how close you two were." Alicent remarked trying to keep the edge from her voice as Otto hugged his youngest daughter.

"Ten years bonding before daddio got sucked back into this shit hole." Hope agreed. "Dont worry. I molded Daeron in my image." Hope assured.

"A sassy know it all?" Alicent pondered. Hope chuckled moving closer.

"Love you too your royal pain in the ass." Hope hugged her tight and Alicent relaxed into her.

"Im sorry." Alicent mumbled into her hair. "Its just been a moon."

"I know. Thats why Im here." Hope agreed. "Also last time I saw your very sexy son-"

"Do not fuck Aemond, he is your nephew." Otto demanded.

"Hes so pretty though." Hope countered smugly. "Dont give me that look." Hope moved across the room holding her hands out over the fire.

"I know you are only a handful of years older than them but still." Otto begged shaking his head.

Hope had been born. Their mother died. Otto was heartbroken and then within two years Alicent was queen. Hope had visited the capital throughout the years but her home was old town. Hope was barely five when Otto came back and he felt like he got a second chance.

Hope quickly became his favorite. Her uncles Elijah and Niklaus, Their mothers younger brothers tended to her and their mothers only sister, Rebekah became a mother to Hope over the years. But Hope adored her father. Then he left for six years the hand once more and her aunt and uncles trained her and Daeron.

"Hello Aunt Hope." Aemond said in a salutary tone that got Hope smiling as she turned to him.

"Hello handsome. You miss me?" Hope mused moving to hug him.

"Constantly." Aemond agreed and Hope bit her lip as he smiled back at her.

"No." Alicent declared. "None of that!"

"Just talking." Hope corrected glancing over her shoulder at her sister while holding tight to Aemond.

"I have to check on the king." Otto remarked kissing Hopes head. "Be good my love."

"Always Im an angel." Hope agreed.

"So Hope-"

"No." Alicent repeated. "We have to handle this petition remember? Thats why Hope is here. Not for... just no." Alicent begged.

"I heard father wanted to marry Aegon off to Rhaenyra on his second name day." Hope countered. "Aemond is only-"

"Still no." Alicent begged.

"Its a much better age comparison." Hope offered innocently.

"Come on. You said you were here for me." Alicent reminded pulling Hope away from Aemomd.

"Cant we skip it mother?" Aemond offered.

"No." Alicent repeated.

"Functioning in short sentences today I see." Hope remarked.

"Hope."

"Proving my point sissy." Hope declared and Aemond chuckled as he followed beside them.

"Is Daeron back?" Aemond pondered.

"Yes. Hes the best. Alicent sissy dear... You go see Daeron and I will-"

"Come on much to do."

"Boo you are no fun. Let me show Aemond some fun!" Hope declared.

"Daeron honey!" Alicent declared as she pushed open his door.

"Hi mum." Daeron drawled as he flipped around on the couch his legs dropping to the floor.

"No hug for mum?" Alicent offered extending her arms.

To say Daeron wasnt Alicents biggest fan was an understatement. Daeron loved being at old town for years with Hope. He thought Hope was the coolest and best aunt ever. So he wasnt mad at Alicent for sending him away but he didnt really love his mother either. He didnt know her. Alicent was basically a stranger. Hope was more of a mum to him.

"Hes a little man." Hope declared. "Hugs from mum, pft!"

"Right." Alicent agreed softly. "Well we best get going..."

+

"Hope is back in the capital. She brought Daeron with her." Otto remarked.

"Thats nice." Viserys agreed distantly.

"Its been a while since Daeron was back," otto added. "Although I think he came more for Hope and less for the castle." Otto mused. Viserys nodded with a sigh as the maesters applied ointments and creams.

"I will be good to see him... I want to have supper, Otto." Viserys remarked.

'It is the morning, Your Grace.'' Otto said gently as he glanced out the window.

''Tonight. The whole of my family... are gathered at the Red Keep. I want us...'' Viserys struggled to keep his breath. ''to dine together.'' He groaned as he moved, the pain to much.

''Bring milk of the poppy.'' Otto instructed.

''No. Just arrange the supper.'' Viserys murmured. "I want to be with my family tonight."

Hope Hightower^

Hope Hightower^