26. Enhanced

Hope could feel the full moon coming, it enhanced her. She was more temperamental, more aggressive.

And here Cregan thought some sparring would be good for them. But it wasnt. Hope spun free of his hand, knocking his arm away. Faced him with a challenge in her eyes and his gaze met it squarely.

She swung, tempering her speed in case he needed time to react. She didnt need the time, didnt need the resistance, she needed to punch her way through a brick wall. But Cregan, she hadnt seen train in ages, she had no idea how advanced his skill was. 

He didn't need the extra time. He ducked easily, caught her arm and jerked her off balance. In a moment he had her pinned, flushed and panting against his chest. She tried to control her eyes, her pulse the urge to be more, to have control. If she could have control in a sparring match, then she could control with the moon. That was the hope. Cregan took her hesitation as tired and weakness. She had been fierce but things had changed. He was strong and didnt want to hurt her. 

"Are you done?" his voice was in her ear, dry but warm and Hope grinned.

"Nope," she grunted, driving her hips back she broke free, pulled his arm behind his back and knocked him to his knees. "Are you?"

He turned, and she let him. SHe wanted to be closer to him. She liked this, she liked their hands grazing over each other, liked the feel of him against her again.  He caught her calf and jerked, her knee buckled and she dropped against his chest. Cregan locked eyes with her, felt her hands press into his shoulders, tangling her fingers into the fabric of his shirt. He rolled, driving her back into the training mat inside the walls of winterfell, her grip on his shirt though pulled it free as he moved. 

Hope was counter rolling instantly. She was fast, she smirked back at the shirt in her hand before looking at Cregan. 

"Trying to strip me now Hope?" Cregan mused and she couldnt figure him out. That smile, that mischievous grin on his handsome face compared to the man that was made at her. Maybe he was a wolf and temperamental too Hope thought with a groan, wouldnt that make things so much easier. 

He moved pinning her down her chest huffed and puffed trying to keep control as his grip on her wrist tightened, her body under his was too familiar and he knew by the look in her eyes that she was thinking the same thing. Neither moved, neither flinched, just frozen staring back at each other. 

The wolves howled out and Hope closed her eyes forcing control. 

Maybe it was a fraction of a moment, maybe it more but it was enough for her to feel something more, it radiated through every morsel of her being.

 His finger tightened on her wrists, flexed before suddenly releasing and her eyes popped open and she had him on his back. Another howl and Daeron watched in horror as her fist raised. 

"There goes Cregan." Daeron remarked hoping that Hope would hear him and realize what was happening. She did. The wolves stopped and she looked to Cregan, he didnt try to cover his face from her fist, but there was something dark in his eyes as he stared up at her. 

"Hope

"Hope..." the strain in his voice, that reminder of reality pulled her back. 

"Sorry." Hope mumbled as she got up. She offered him a hand up and he took it, surprised by her strength as she pulled him up easily. But as her hand pulled away it was like a vanishing touch and he was still reaching for her. 

"Have you eaten yet?" Cregan questioned when Hope turned away. She let out a slow breath. "Break our fast... come on. Maybe you can tell me where that strength training came from. Your uncle Klaus?" Cregan mused and Hope nodded. 

"Yeah... Uncle Klaus." Hope agreed not looking at him. 

"You want to get something to eat? I wont bite. Best behavior." Cregan promised. 

"I'm... not hungry." Hope remarked as she walked away with purpose.  

Cregan stared after her as Daeron chased her. 

"You almost broke his face. I know how much you like his pretty face." Daeron added. 

"I just need a moment, Daeron." Hope begged as she opened the door feeling the cold winter air around her. 

"Don't run away Hope, you wont survive the cold." Cregan declared when he felt the breeze and peered out. "Hope." Cregan demanded. 

"I got her." Daeron assured. "Right Hope, come on." Hope fisted and un fisted her hands before coming back inside. 

"Gods, I'm a mess." Hope muttered when they got back to her chambers. 

"Hope. Your eyes." Daeron whispered closing the door.

"What?"

"Your woo hoo-" daeron waved a hand in front of his own face. "Eyes." He held his hand curved as though it was a claw.

 "I get it thank you"

"I get it thank you". Hope agreed.

"Full moon?"

"It's coming." Hope agreed softly.

"I thought you had control."

"I thought i did too."

She had broken and broken again every bone in her body constantly trying to gain control over the transformation so that maybe she could be normal try again with cregan and at home with her family in old town she had that control but still took precautions. Klaus was amazed she broke it but she said she still felt it. Still felt the beast underneath the surface clawing on full moons.