3. Little Psychopaths

Only the young// Rickon Stark out now!!

"I know this is hilarious everyone together. The little psychopaths." Hope remarked smiling back at Jace and Luke as they took a seat.

"Hope." Alicent begged.

"Right right civil."

"Lenot." Aemond remarked. Hope blinked back at him. "Lenot. Be civil,"

"Oh," Hope tapped her hands on the table like it was a drumb. "Yeah Daeron didnt learn Targaryen."

"High Velaryian." Aegon corrected winking back at her.

"Right." Hope agreed slowly. "We didnt learn that. Didnt think it was worth it."

"I could teach you." Aemond offered. "We could have some one on one study time."

"Aemond." Alicent demanded.

"I would love that!" Hope declared as the doors opened and Viserys was carried in on his throne delivered to the table, his family rose out of respect as he was sat down again before them at the head of the table. Hope half stood bored before plopping back down.

''How good it is... to see you all tonight... together.'' Viserys said looking around at all this children and grandchildren. Hope blonked back at him before looking to Aemond. Aemomd sat at the head of the table aegon to his right and Hope to his left. Daeron sat beside Hope leaning her contently.

''Prayer before we begin?'' Alicent offered.

"Goodie goodie." Hope whispered smirking back at her.

''Yes.'' Viserys agreed as they held hands.

"Hold my hand Aemond im scared this dinner is going to be a shit show." Hope mused as he held to her hand.

''May the Mother smile down on this gathering with love. May the Smith mend the bonds that have been broken for far too long. And to Vaemond Velaryon, may the gods give him rest." Alicent said clearly before looking up at Daemon.

"Give him rest and give me food." Daeron agreed reaching forward and piling on his plate.

''This is an occasion for celebration, it seems. My grandsons, Jace and Luke, will marry their cousins, Baela and Rhaena, further strengthening the bond between our houses. A toast to the young Princes... and their betrothed". Viserys declared

''Hear, hear!''

"Alicent perhaps a union for Aemond?" Hope pondered. "He is certainly handsome and brilliant. Why deprive a lucky lady?"

''Well done, Jace. You'll finally get to lie with a woman.'' Aegon sniggered.

"Aemonds time will come." Alicent assured.

''Let us toast as well Prince Lucerys... the future Lord of the Tides.''

''Hear, hear.''

"Im surprised father hasnt set a match for you Hope." Alicent went on.

"A north men did me wrong Ali. The heart beark of it all." Hope declared dramatically.

''You'll be great. You do know how the act is done, I assume? At least in principle? Where to put your cock and all that.'' Aegon went on.

''Let it be, cousin.''

"Most men dont have a clue." Hope assured. "Not that I know such things personally." She added looking to Otto. He rolled his eyes taking a long sip of his wine.

''You can play the jester if you wish, but hold your tongue before my betrothed.'' Luke told him stiffly.

''Mm-hm.'' Aegon mused taking another drink

''It both gladdens my heart and fills me with sorrow to see these faces around the table. The faces most dear to me in all the world... yet grown so distant from each other..."Viserys told them solemnly.

"Oh we are doing a speech." Daeron murmured.

"Royals love the sound of their own voice." Hope whispered kissing Daerons cheek.

"in the years past." Viserys removed his mask with a thud it landed on the table. ''My own face... is no longer a handsome one... if indeed it ever was. But tonight... I wish you to see me... as I am. Not just a king... but your father. Your brother. Your husband... and your grand sire.'' Viserys said kindly.

"My dear Brother." Hope agreed. "In law..." viserys smiled softly back at her.

"Who may not, it seems... walk for much longer among you.'' Viserys gasped for breath as his chest felt heavy. ''Let us no longer hold ill feelings in our hearts. The crown cannot stand strong if the House of the Dragon remains divided. But set aside your grievances. If not for the sake of the crown... then for the sake of this old man who loves you all so dearly." Viserys requested. Alicent helped him fix his mask back to his face.

"He wasnt talking to me." Hope assured. "I want to get to know Aemond more."

"I would like that." Aemond assured.

''I wish to raise my cup to Her Grace, the Queen. I love my father. But I must admit that no one has stood... more loyally by his side than his good wife." Rhaenyra remarked, she could be civil for her fathers sake. ''She has tended to him with... unfailing devotion, love, and honor. And for that, she has my gratitude... and my apology.'' Hope looked to Alicent waiting for the gracious queen to appear.

''Your graciousness moves me deeply, Princess.'' Alicent rose her glass as well.

"There is it." Hope murmured into her cup.

 ''We are both mothers... and we love our children. We have more in common than we sometimes allow. I raise my cup to you... and to your house. You will make a fine queen.'' Alicent declared.  Aegon cleared throat a mischievous look on his face.

''I, um... I regret the disappointment you are soon to suffer. But if you ever wish to know what it is to be well satisfied, all you have to do is ask." Aegon remarked smugly.

''Jace.'' Baela warned.

''To Prince Aegon and... Prince Aemond. We have not seen each other in years, but I have fond memories of our shared youth. And as men, I hope we may yet be friends and allies. To you and your family's good health, dear uncles. To you as well.'' Jace offered stiffly.

''Beware the beast beneath the boards.'' Helaena muttered. Daeron peered under the table.

"Literal beast?" Daeron questioned.

"Wouldnt be the strangest thing we have seen." Hope offered and Daeron nodded in agreement.

''Well done, my boy.'' Viserys said nodding to him

''I would like to toast to Baela and Rhaena. They'll be married soon. It isn't so bad. Mostly he just ignores you... except sometimes when he's drunk.'' Helaena informed them and Aegon glared back at her as Hope laughed out.

''Good. Let us have some music.'' Viserys requested. Music began and Jace got up moving around the table holding a hand out for Helaena.

"So cute!" Hope declared. Daeron offered her his hand. "I raised a gentleman." Hope remarked as he spun her around.

'' Excuse me.'' Viserys said as he started to cough and choke out for breath.

''Guards." Alicent called out as Viserys groaned

'' Please, sit down.'' He said thickly as he was carried away.

"How is this making things right?" Daeron questioned. 

"Hmm?" Hope countered. 

"At the petition he said he must make things right... what was he making right that he needed a clear mind for?" Daeron pondered. 

"Daeron my dear, you are so smart... No clue. He's delusional and thought half eating a meal would solve all the tension of the past... Gods how old is Aegon now?" Hope mused. "Its been a long time, one meal isnt going to fix anything."