2. I Wasnt Flirting

"Hey little hightower." Daemon declared when he saw Hope.

"Hey old Targaryen." Hope countered and Daemon rose a perfectly arched brow at her. "I missed your handsome smug face I love to be the one to wipe it clean." Hope declared.

"You're a cheeky little thing." Daemon remarked "I forgot that about you." Hope smiled innocently back at him.

"Come on Hope." Daeron begged grabbing her hand.

"Talk soon little Hightower." Daemon called after her.

"Everytime your head gets too big Im here to deflate your ego Targaryen." Hope agreed.

"Torment Rhaenyra next." Alicent whispered when they got to her.

"My pleasure sissy dearest!" Hope agreed.

"Though it is the great hope of this court that Lord Corlys Velaryon survive his wounds, we gather here with the grim task of dealing with the succession of Driftmark. As Hand, I speak with the King's voice on this and all other matters.'' Otto remarked sitting proudly on the throne.

"Father looks good up there." Hope remarked as Daeron leaned back into her bored. "I would look great up there." Alicent gave her a side eye but remained quiet.

"The crown will now hear the petitions. Ser Vaemond of House Velaryon." Otto decreed.

''My Queen. My Lord Hand.'' Vaemond said setting forward. ''The history of our noble houses extends beyond the Seven Kingdoms to the days of Old Valyria. For as long as House Targaryen has ruled the skies, House Velaryon has ruled the seas. When the Doom fell on Valyria, our houses became the last of their kind. Our forebearers came to this new land, knowing that were they to fail, it would mean the end to their bloodlines and their name." Rhaenys held back the groan as she hated having to defend her claim, her grandchildrens claim against Vaemond.

"Can you picture me up there? Ruling. I would be great." Hope went on.

"Dont lose your head taking like that sister." Alicent begged.

"Aemond would too." Hope added winking over her shoulder at him.

"Stop flirting." Alicent begged. Hope turned to her seriously.

"I wasn't flirting." Hope corrected.

 ''I have spent my entire life on Driftmark defending my brother's seat

''I have spent my entire life on Driftmark defending my brother's seat. I am Lord Corlys's closest kin, his own blood. The true, unimpeachable blood of House Velaryon runs through my veins." Vaemond went on.

''As it does in my sons, the offspring of Laenor Velaryon. If you cared so much about your house's blood, Ser Vaemond, you would not be so bold as to supplant its rightful heir.'' Rhaenyra spoke up. ''No, you only speak for yourself and for your own ambition.'' Rhaenyra declared.

''You will have chance to make your own petition, Princess Rhaenyra. Do Ser Vaemond the courtesy of allowing his to be heard''. Alicent told her kindly but Rhaenyra heard the bitterness breaking through her false smiles.