9. Your Grace

Alicent stomped down the corridor pouring herself a drink as she entered her chambers and then heard Larys voice echoing.

"Your Grace." Larys said softly.

"The hour is late, Lord Larys." Alicent reminded him.

"I've found out something that you should know. Have you asked yourself, I wonder..." Larys began and Alicent put her feet up on the table. ''how it is... that your father, the Hand... found Aegon first?" Alicent sighed, waiting.

"A white worm." She answered. "Thats what Hope said... he has spies but Hope's loyalty lies with me." Larys smirked back at her.

"There is a web of spies at work in the Red Keep. Along its threads travels news of all our doings. Your father knows this, but has left it in place. More than once, it has proved advantageous to those willing to... feed the weaver."

"And this weaver watches me?" Alicent asked.

'Um...' Larys waited as she pulled off her stocking. ''One of the little spiders is your lady-in-waiting.'

''Talya?''

''There are more like her. Even I do not know their number. There is one way to destroy his advantage. It must be taken out at the head." Larys informed her. ''When the Queen dies, the bees fly without purpose. Begging your pardon for the turn of phrase, Your Grace."

''I assume this task falls within your expertise.' Alicent drawled out.

''If you wish it... it will be done.' Larys agreed.

"You know Hope, you look like your mother more and more these days." Otto remarked. "I always wondered what happened between you and Cregan Stark. You are so lovely Hope. You shouldnt be alone forever."

"Neither should you." Hope remarked kissing his cheek.

"Get some rest, big day tomorrow." Otto suggested holding onto her hand. She nodded as she headed out, collapsing into bed exhausted from the day.

+

"Out of my way!" Erryk demanded. ''With me, Princess. I cannot let this treachery stand.'' He informed Rhaenys as he stole her away hiding her hair as they moved in the night.

''Where are we?' Rhaenys questioned looking around.

''Just south of King's Way. The Blackwater's this way.'' Erryk remarked.

'I won't leave Meleys." Rhaenys said confidently. "If I could get to the Dragonpit, then..."

"No. They'll expect you there, Princess. You won't get past the gates. Now come. You must make for the riverfront and find a ship. Before they know you've gone." Erryk begged. "This way."  Erryk begged veering course.

"This is fun." Hope remarked as they waited on the stage for Aegon and Alicent to arrive. "A coronation."

"Is aunt Beka here yet?" Daeron questioned.

"Not yet, I dont see her or smell her." Hope agreed.

"Have the decency to look grateful." Alicent demanded as Aegon looked bored and drunk as they rode to his coronation. ''Do you know what has been done to give you this day? In an hour, you will be king." Alicent reminded him.

''And my father never wanted this." Aegon reminded her as he leaned back.

' That's not true.' Alicent assured.

''He had 20 years to name me heir and never did. Steadfastly, he upheld Rhaenyra's claim." Aegon hissed back.

''He changed his mind.'' Alicent told him honestly but Aegon chuckled out.