14. Send Us

"It's no easy thing for a man to be a dragon slayer" Daemon remarked. " But dragons can kill dragons and have. The simple truth is this, we have more dragons than Aegon." Daemon reminded them.

''Viserys spoke often of the Valyrian histories.'' Rhaenyra assured him  'I know them well.'' Rhaenyra glared back at Daemon.  'When dragons flew to war, everything burned.'' Rhaenyra reminded them. ''I do not wish to rule over a kingdom of ash and bone.''

''Are you considering the HighTower's terms, Your Grace?''

''As Queen, what is my true duty to the realm, Lord Bartimus?''

''Ensuring peace and unity, or that I sit the Iron Throne no matter the cost?''

''What's your father talking?''

''My father's dead. And he chose me as his successor. To defend the realm, not cast it headlong into war." Rhaenyra reminded her council.

"The enemy have declared war. What are you going to do about it?" Daemon demanded.

''Clear the room." Rhaenyra demanded ''Does the promise of war excite you?''

"We cannot bend the knee to the Hightowers. They stole your birthright." Daemon reminded her defensively.

''If you could take the Iron Throne without putting Otto Hightower's head on a spike, would you?" Rhaenyra countered and Daemon scoffed as he walked the room.

''Are you not angry?''

'' Well, I should declare war because I'm angry.'' Rhaenyra suggested sarcastically.

''No, because it's your duty as queen to crush rebellion." Daemon corrected.

''You know my oath reaches beyond our personal ambitions.'' Rhaenyra let out a long sigh as she looked to Daemon ''A song of ice and fire.'

''What?''

''The coming war against the darkness in the north will conquer his dream. But Viserys shared it with me when he named to me heir..." Rhaenyra recalled softly.

+

"You know what happens if they win."

"More death and loss and grief." Hope agreed.

"I once heard of viserys speak of a song of ice and fire." Alicent remarked "The coming war against the darkness in the north will conquer his dream. Conquer the south."

"And you think the Starks-"

"The coming war against the darkness in the north will conquer. A song of ice and fire. Ice and fire. Ice! Ice!" Alicent begged.

"Alicent he wont listen to me."

"He will." Alicent begged.

"Ali you dont know what you are asking!" Hope countered.

"I do though. I do." Alicent begged.

"Ali-"

"Then tell me. Tell me what happened!" Alicent begged.

"Things ended badly. He wont listen. Lets focus on the capital. The here and now." Hope suggested.

+
''My brother was a slave to his own man's importance. Anything to make his feckless reign appear to have purpose" Daemon seethed as he wrapped his hand around Rhaenyra's neck, her eyes went wide as she stared back at him. ''Dreams didn't make us kings. Dragons did.'' Daemon stared her down a moment longer before he let her go and gasped out for breath as he marched away.

' He never told you.'' Rhaenyra remarked staring back at him.

'' I understand we have a new king.'' Corlys rasped as Rhaenys stared back at her beaten bruised husband.