15. Fierce Beauty

'' It's been said that as Targaryens, we are closer to gods than to men. The Iron Throne puts us a touch closer, perhaps. But, if we are to serve the Seven Kingdoms, we must answer to their gods. If you take this errand, you go as messengers, not as warriors." Rhaenyra requested her sons. ''You must take no part in any fighting. Swear it to me now, under the eyes of the Seven." Erryk brought their bible forward.

''I swear it.' Luke said putting his hand on the book, Jace hesitated before stepping forward.

''I swear it.' Jace agreed.

''Thank you.'' Rhaenyra said as Erryk stepped back. ''Cregan Stark is close to your age, then to mine. I would hope that as men, we can find some common interest." She told Jace.

''Yes, Your Grace.'' Jace agreed.

"I assume they will be sending Hope Hightower to speak with him as well." Rhaenyra added and Jace grit his teeth, he wasnt a fan of Hope. "I know, but you must be respectful, show Cregan the man you are. Dont let her get under your skin." Jace nodded stiffly. 

''Storm's End is a short flight from here." Rhaenyra remarked as Luke stepped forward looking out over the seas. ''You have Baratheon blood from your grandmother, Anise. And Lord Borros is an eternally proud man. He'll be honored to host a prince of the realm. And his dragon. I expect you will receive a very warm welcome'' Rhaenyra told them but she was nervous to send her boys out.

''Yes, Mother.'' Luke agreed. "I mean, your grace." He corrected.

"Get to it then." Rhaenyra told them and her boys headed off.

+

"Still stupid." Hope remarked as she got on Tessarions back. 

"Yeah you keep saying that." Aemond agreed. "Dont fall in love with him."

"You are to be wed." Hope reminded him. 

"You were engaged, things end." Aemond countered. Hope smiled down at him. 

"Be careful Aemond." Hope requested. 

"You as well." Aemond agreed. 

"Enough foreplay." Daeron declared. "Come on, move out of the way before I fry you." Aemond took a step back moving to Vhagar. 

"Hope wait!" Otto demanded. 

"Gods." Daeron grumbled as she slid off. 

"I'm going to be okay." Hope assured as she hugged him. 

"I know I just worry about you." Otto remarked. 

"I'm stronger than you know." Hope whispered. 

"I know." Otto corrected. "I still worry. You are my baby girl and I'm sending you into the wolves den." 

"I can handle the wolves." Hope corrected. 

"Be careful. Take care of Daeron."

"I always do." Hope agreed as Alicent came out. "Daeron another moment."

"Yeah yeah the war is going to be done by the time we get there." Daeron reminded her. 

"Hey Ali," Hope whispered hugging her again. 

"I know I'm asking for a lot." Alicent declared. "I just... I'm sorry."

"It has to be me." Hope agreed. "I'm the only one he might listen to and if not he gets the pleasure of telling me goodbye and good riddance." 

"Or a chance to start again." Alicent pondered. 

"This is business. Not pleasure." Hope corrected. 

"Could be both." Alicent pondered. 

"I have to get going before Daeron has a meltdown." Hope remarked. "I will keep him safe. I promise." 

"You be safe too." 

"Safe is my middle name." Hope agreed arms outstretched as she moved backwards to Tessarion. 

"Rose." Otto corrected. "Your uncle Klaus picked it actually. Because he knew you would be beautiful but deadly when provoked." Hope stared back at him. "I thought shes a babe, I dont want her to be deadly but I think he was right. You have a fierce beauty in you my girl."

+

''I'm Princess Jacarys Velaryon. I bring a message to Lord Borros from the Queen.'' He remarked as he got to storms end. They brought him inside and he built up his courage.

''Prince Lucarys Velaryon. Son of Princess Rhaenyra Targaryen''. They introduced and Lukes gaze went to Aemond Targaryen.

''I brought you a message from my mother. The Queen.' He corrected.

''Yet earlier this day I received an envoy from the King. Which is it? King or Queen?'' he countered smugly. ''The House of the Dragon does not seem to know who rules it. What's your mother's message? Where's the bloody maester?'' they waited as the maester stepped forward grabbing the scroll. He read it over with distaste. ''Remind me of my father's oath. King Agon at least came with an offer. My swords and banners for a marriage pact. If I do as your mother bids, which one of my daughters will you wed?'' He looked to Aemond, he was to be married as part of their agreement if he sided with Targaryen, Hightower. ''Boy?'

''My lord, I'm not free to marry. I'm already betrothed.'' He answered honestly.

''So you come with empty hands.'' He chuckled ''Go home, pup, and tell your mother that the Lord of Storm's End is not some dog that she can whistle up at me to set against her foes." Luke stared back at him before nodding.

''I shall take your answer to the Queen, my Lord.' He headed out but Aemond spoke up moving towards him.

''Wait. My Lord Strong. Did you really think that you could just fly about the realm, trying to steal my brother's throne at no cost...' Aemond offered the smile on his face was nothing less than vicious.

''I will not fight you. I came as a messenger, not a warrior.''

''Fight would be little challenge." Aemond agreed. ''No; I want you to put out your eye. It's payment for mine. One will serve. I would not blind you.' He removed his eyepatch and a gem was revealed where is eye used to be. ''I plan to make a gift of it to my mother.''

''No.''

''Then you are craven as well as a traitor.' Aemond remarked smugly as Luke backed up.

''Not here." Lord Borros demanded.

''Give me your eye, or I will take it, boy." Aemond threatened spinning his blade in his hand.

''Not in my hall." Borros demanded ''The boy came as an envoy. I'll not have blood shed beneath my roof.'' Aemond smirked back at him as he put his blade away but his glaze was vicious still. ''Take Prince Lucerys back to his dragon. NOW!"'' The storm ragged on outside and Arrax was unsettled when Luke approached him.

"Focus!" Luke demanded. ''Pay attention, Arrax!" Luke begged trying to settle him. ''Be calm! Listen! Obey!'' Thunder and lightning struck around them, ragged waves beating against the shores. He was sea sick already. 

''focus focus and be calm Arrax.'' Luke pleaded as the storm raged on. ''listen...'' he climbed on his back sailing through the storm "Fly ARRAX.'' Wind whipped around them his wings flapping aggressively as he tried to go to vicious winds thunder and lightning echoed around. The storm only picking up moving faster gaining speed, when he saw aemonds dragon vhagar came flying right at him. His dragon was the largest dragon in the world, would've eaten him in a moments notice this giant jaws.