21. Strut

"What now?" Daeron questioned.

"Scream." Hope offered.

"Come on let's get back inside. Get you some food." Cregan offered. 

"Why are you so nice?" Daeron questioned. "I remember you being nice but I didnt think you still would be." 

"Food sounds great." Hope agreed. 

"Are you siding with my mother the rightful queen?" Jace countered. "I need to raven her and let her know-"

"No ravens. Snowstorm." Daeron reminded him. 

"Are you though?" Jace demanded. 

"I have yet to decide and since we are all stuck here for a while, best get comfy." Cregan offered. He held out a hand gesturing for them to enter the great hall. Hope heard music and people chattering, she smelled food and dark wine. 

"Make yourself comfortable, I will-" Cregan began. 

"Who is that gorgeous creature?" Tony Stark, Cregans cousin declared smiling widely back at Hope. 

Cregan held back a growl. Daeron rolled his eyes. Hope of course did her best smile as she came in and her very best strut.

"I'm Hope." she declared tapping her hand to her chest with a wink. Cregan fell in love with her again and again.  She was so confident, so fearless, it was like her meltdown in the snow earlier never happened. Like she wasnt desperate to leave, to leave him. 

"And you are?" Hope pondered

"Your future boyfriend obviously." Tony remarked. "Lets get to know each other better, you can stay in my bed tonight." 

"He's cocky and over confident. Maybe he's cocky due to his lacking of cock," hope remarked. Tony scoffed but he was not swayed away. 

"Want to find out?" He offered getting closer still. 

 "It's almost crossing the line from endearing to gonna rip his head off... Almost." Hope added with a smirk. 

"You're not from the north you're too pretty, Hope." Tony remarked.  Hope looked to Cregan as his scowl deepened.

"No I'm not from the north thank you for noticing. I'm trapped here while the stupid snowstorm tries to ruin my life." Hope declared with the sweetest of smiles.

"Don't do so well on snow? I can keep you warm."

"I'm sure you think you could it's not the snow it's the company..." hopes gaze shifted to Sara. "well maybe that snow." she offered. Sara grit her teeth. Daeron snorted a laugh.

"Oh shit she's that Hope!" Tony declared and the other knights looked at her more closely. Recollection setting in they all looked her over again as if they were seeing her with fresh eyes

''Yes she's that hope." Cregan agreed with a growl in his throat "and it's late so why don't we all-"

"Do you wanna drink help? I wanna meet the woman that broke my cousins heart." Tony added in. 

"I'll take a drink but this ain't story time honey." hope corrected

"Keep calling me honey and I won't we won't have to talk about him cause you'll be all over me." Tony said confidently.

"Remember what I said about borderline endearing to rip your head off?" Hope questioned, he nodded. "OK just wanted to let you know that was your warning FYI..." she took a step closer staring back at him. "You said something about a drink yet my hand is empty."

"Right away my lady." Tony declared moving to the bottles. He smirked at Cregan patting his back as he passed. "No wonder you couldn't handle her she's too bossy for our little Cregan."

"Little..." Cregan huffed. Jace stared back at Hope. 

"Dont worry about her," Sara offered leaning into Jace. "We can have fun, you and me. Wont even know she's here." Sara purred and Jace smiled back at her. 

"Okay, yeah... lets get that drink." Jace agreed. 

"Here you go my gorgeous Hope." Tony declared presenting her with a drink.

"Thanks." She pat his cheek walking away. Tony stared after her. "Hey Daeron, you okay?"

"I should be asking you that." Daeron corrected. 

"What do you mean I'm totally fine." Hope assured. 

"Right, yeah being here with him is not awful and not bringing back old memories which is why you definitely did not put up a stink with Alicent-"

"Mother dearest." Hope corrected him. 

"-because you were thrilled to see the man you once loved and almost married before... woof, woof." Daeron smirked back at her. 

"Woof off." Hope countered. 

"Can I have what you're drinking?" Daeron questioned as she drank it down. 

"yeah, kid. Lets get you drunk so you stop talking." Hope agreed. 

""this must be hard." Howard declared. Cregan groaned. He liked his cousins, until he didnt. Howard and Tony were knights of winterfell and usually a good time except when it came to Cregans love life. Or lack of love life. He thought everyone knew of the heartbreak that he went through. He wanted to say he was done caring, done loving, done dealing with everyone elses bullshit. He was the damn Lord Stark of Winterfell. He was in charge, the warden of the north and yet he looked at Hope and he felt like that heartbroken boy again. Wondering what he did wrong.