36. Unreliable Runaway

Counting Crimes/ House of the Dragon out now!

In the early morning, a marvelous ache filled her before remembering she was still in Cregans bed, she opened her eyes, relishing the feel of Cregan his naked body at her back, breath on her neck, legs and arms intertwined with the blankets and each other. Somewhere he began and she ended, but she had no clue where and she wanted to never move but she knew deep down this wouldnt change anything because she had proven to be unreliable and a runaway.

As if he sensed her open eyes, knowing she would run would flee to find some way to ruin this perfect moment his hold on her tightened, and he buried his nose into her hair, pressing his lips to her ear.

"I love you back." Cregan assured. "Its always been you Hope."

She should have been thrilled should have been planning a wedding, but she was too busy being scared out of her mind because she had this terrible and completely justified feeling that she was going to break his heart and hers in the process. When she left they both knew she would she had to. He was a mission. Get the north to help and then they would go back to their lives before. She was going to shatter both their hearts beyond repair.

Hope truly felt heartless and broken hearing those words from his mouth. If this was just an anger bang for him she could have gotten past that but knowing it meant more to him too somehow that hurt more. She looked to him and he kissed her. He looked at her and she felt her heart both breaking and piecing itself back together again. She didn't understand it but thats how it felt.

She clung to him curling up into him and somewhere within her mess of emotions she fell back asleep to the beat of his heart.

when she woke again she was alone.  Thinking it was for the best just pretty lies and the ultimate farewell.

But Hope rolled over in bed and saw a steaming hot tea on the table beside her.

Hope took a sip of her tea and got dressed

Hope took a sip of her tea and got dressed. She half wanted to ask why he left but then again she would have probably gotten the same answer she gave him when she left before he woke up. 

Was that what he was doing? Hope pondered to herself as she took another sip of the tea, it woke her up and cleared her mind only to make her more confused on what happening between them. 

They fell in love and she left, now he was making sure she fell in love with him again although she never fell out of love and he was going to leave her, kick her to the curb and pick Black. She didnt want to believe it but then again, he wasnt here. 

+

"So, you two seem cozy." Daeron remarked looking at Jace and Sara. "Is that how you are trying to win the north? By fucking the north?" Daeron teased knowing that Hope didnt get to her room last night either. 

"What I do is none of your business."  Jace sassed.

"Right, right and if you can buy the starks with love and fucks then who cares right?" Daeron agreed. 

"Isnt that what Hope is failing at doing? Getting into Cregans pants?" Sara sneered. 

"I dont know." Daeron declared rooting his hands on his hips and looking around. "Where is Hope... and Cregan?" Daeron mused and Saras jaw tightened. "I dont know, I mean they could be sleeping still... but Hope wasnt in her chambers last night."

"Well she's a Slut." Jace declared stomping towards Daeron and Daeron chuckled shoving him back. 

"You're one to talk." Daeron corrected. "Arent you Lord Strong?" Jace charged at Daeron but Daeron grabbed his arm with one hand while the other went flying into his chest causing him to jerk back and forth. Daeron bent his arm back while Jace tried to get his footing before sending a quick kick to the back of his knees and Jace dropped down with a thud on the ground. 

"Hope was engaged to Cregan, you are engaged to one of those twins right? Yet here you are... bastards fucking bastards." Daeron growled before letting his arm go and Jace faltered forward catching himself before his face connected with the ground. "Dont talk shit about Hope."

+

"Are you ever going to tell them?" Elijah pondered. 

"What's the point?" Klaus countered. "Let them remain ignorant. Viserys did and he was happy in his ignorance."

"But this is different-" Beka agreed. 

"Hope knows and if she wants to tell them, then that is her decision. You know how much she loves them. It would break them to know she was lying. It would hurt him." Klaus declared and they all knew the ominous HIM. "I just want her home. I should have gone with them.... She had always had me for full moons just in case."

"She's had control." Elijah reminded him. 

"To many new variables in the north." Klaus corrected. "That's where it all started. I know her, she wouldnt trust herself around him. That's why I need her home, make sure she's okay."