I Have Nothing

"Are you crazy, Mercedes, The bodyguard was originally written for Barbra

"Are you crazy, Mercedes, The bodyguard was originally written for Barbra." Rachel yelled, getting in Artie's face.

"It was actually written for Diana Ross." Mercedes snapped, matching Rachel's actions.

"I thought it was for Steve McQueen." I muttered to Blaine, observing the fight happening in front of me.

"Actually, Rachel, it was written for Diana Ross. And Steve McQueen back in the 70's." Mr. Schue said, walking in the room as Rachel pouted and Blaine held his hand out by his knee for a secret high five.

"I've been doing some research to prepare for this week's lesson." He smiled, writing Whitney on the board and I gasped.

"Finally, Whitney!" I cheered and Blaine held my shoulder, keeping me from jumping out of my seat.

"It's about time we did a Whitney tribute!" Rachel grinned, and I was still practically bouncing in my chair, Blaine's hand being the only thing keeping me from not falling out.

"Are we sure that's appropriate?" Sam asked, and my jaw dropped.

"I know you did not." I said, and Blaine's hand went from holding me down to holding me back.

"You did not just ask that." Mercedes snapped, and Sam looked slightly frightened at the two of us, both of us ready to jump at any time.

"I just mean, didn't Whitney kind of have a lot of problems?" He shrugged and I crossed my arms and slumped in my seat, I heard a small laugh from Blaine, and when I snapped my head over to glare at him, he covered his mouth and looked away.'

"She had a hard life, Sam. And?" Mercedes asked, but Mr. Schue interrupted before he could respond.

"This week isn't about passing judgement on Whitney. It's about celebrating her legacy, honoring her memory, her accomplishments." He said, and I raised my hand.

"I'd be happy to provide some examples." I smiled, but Blaine's handed quickly covered my mouth and I slumped back in my chair.

"I also want you guys to use your songs to get underneath your own feelings, to express and explore what's really going on with you." Mr. Schue sighed and Finn was the first to question this.