Applause

After a week of grieving, I finally hit the last stage of grief

After a week of grieving, I finally hit the last stage of grief. Acceptance. Finn was gone, and now I was going to be happy. I wanted to live my life to the fullest, and not hang on to the past. I know this is a giant cliche, but it's truly what Finn would of wanted. I sat in Blaine's lap at the piano as he was guiding my hands and trying to help me learn how to play the piano. He was playing the intro to Against All Odds, which was the song he sung to Sam and I. It all seemed so silly now, when then it felt like the end of the world. I doubted his love for me, when in reality he was planning a proposal.

"Come on, gather round. I have here in my hand, drum roll, please." Mr. Schue said, and Blaine used my hands to drum roll on the piano.

"A secret list of show choirs that we will be in competition with at Nationals in six weeks. Okay, let's see what we've got. We've got the Rust Belters, the Thunder Show Cats from Gainesville and finally, from Fort Wayne, Throat Explosion." He announced, and before anyone could react, Tina started screaming.

"No! Why god!" She yelled at the top of her lungs, and I started laughing with Artie.

"Throat Explosion, that's a joke, right?" Jake asked, completely ignoring Tina.

"Anything but. They're the supergroup the show choir underground's buzzing about. Their budgets for costume, makeup, hair alone, are astronomical. You guys have read that Malcolm Galdwell book Outliers, right?" Blaine said, and I was the only person who said yes, but I only read it because Blaine basically forced me too.

"So, Gladwell says you can't possibly master anything unless you've spent 10000 hours practicing it. So students can't even join Throat Explosion, without proving they've logged in 10000 hours of show choir rehearsal. They don't even go to class. They just perform every minute of every day. They live their art. They know no boundaries. They've pushing the envelope, living and performing on the edge. They're like mini Lady Gagas." Blaine explained, and I had to hold in my laughter at his dramatic description of the team.

"We're so screwed. They're not like Vocal Adrenaline who were borg robots. They're total outsides and misfits, which used to be our niche. We can't compete with Throat Explosion at that level because we lost our biggest Gaga when Kurt graduated. Look around, we're like a room full of like, Katy Perry's now." Tina yelled.