Dreams Come True

"It's time." Kurt said, walking into the room as I handed Mr. Schue his jacket. "I can't remember the last time I was this nervous." He shuddered as he put it on, and my mind instantly went to the 2012 nationals. Nothing had ever meant more to me than winning that, besides Blaine, of course.

"Oh, well, you don't look nervous at all. You look great. Are you ready?" Rachel asked, dusting off his shoulder, and he nodded before taking a deep breath. "Yeah." He sighed, and we all started to walk out. I noticed Blaine wasn't by my side as we left, and I turned around to see him checking his appearance in the mirror.

"You look handsome as ever, now let's go or we're going to miss it." I laughed, grabbing his hand and pulling him out after straightening out his bow tie. "What would I do without you?" He smiled as we walked, and I rolled my eyes. "Have a crooked bow tie."

"And now, the first-place winner of the 2015 High School Show Choir Nationals Champions is..." The announcer said, and Blaine grabbed onto my shoulders as I squeezed Rachel's arm, holding my breath for dear life. Winning this would be even more special than when we had won before, for we were the ones responsible for helping our team reach the top two at Nationals. Being part of something like this made us all feel like we had achieved something extraordinary, and that feeling would never fade away at the New Directions.

"The New Directions!" He announced, and I let out a loud sigh of relief as I started jumping around with Blaine, Rachel and Kurt all crying tears of joy. We all took to the stage to celebrate with the team, and it was the most incredible feeling to see all their hard work pay off. We were all so proud of our team and couldn't help but feel extremely proud of ourselves too, for we had coached them and helped them get to where they were. Seeing the joy on their faces was a reward in itself and we all knew that they truly deserved it.

"Oh, my god." I gasped in amazement as Blaine and I walked into the choir room on the first day of the new school year to find it packed full of kids eager to audition for the club. It was amazing that McKinley had become such a thriving performing arts school, but it was a shame that Blaine and I were moving back to New York to finish my time at NYADA, while Blaine was going to NYU to finish his education, and wouldn't be able to coach the club.

"It hasn't been like this since 2013." Blaine chuckled, as his eyes scanned the room. "And none of them look like stoners!" I added, making both of us have to fight our laughter as we sat on the piano in the middle of the room next to the rest of the old club who had come for the opening of the school.

"Here he is!" Rachel announced, pointing at Mr. Schue who walked in the room and everyone started to cheer, Blaine pulling me off of the piano to stand, even though I had just sat down. "Wow, I have to say that this is the most exciting first day of glee club that we have ever had. No offense to the alumni who have been here since the very first ever glee club meeting." Mr. Schue smiled, then turned to the OG's as Blaine and I ducked out of the way so he could see all of them behind us.

"So, Mr. Schue, when are you gonna start auditions?" Rachel asked, and I hadn't realized how much I enjoyed the break from her voice in Glee. "Yeah, I think you're gonna have trouble sticking to your 'whoever wants in, gets in' rule." I laughed, getting flashbacks to Sugar Motta.

"Not true, Mrs. Anderson." He said, and Blaine and I both looked at each other, loving smiles on our faces. It had almost been a year since the wedding and yet it still gave me butterflies when I got called Anderson. "The New Directions will be only one of the glee clubs at this school. I'm bringing back The Troubletones and starting an all-boys version called The Duly Noted. We're also going to have a junior varsity squad for those who feel like they need a little seasoning before they're ready for the big time."