You're Not Alone

"Mr. Schue! Can we talk for a minute?" I ran into Mr. Schue's office and he was going through piles of sheet music.

"I can't right now, Sami, I'm trying to figure out the setlist." He said, and I sat down in the chair across from him.

"I have the perfect song." I smiled, and he looked away from the papers.

"Go on." He motioned with his hands and I took a deep breath.

"We should definetly do Paradise By The Dashboard Light. it is totally vintage, and it has great moments for choreography, and it is different. It makes us stand out from the rest of the groups, nobody will be doing anything like it!" I said, all in one breath and his eyes lit up.

"Yes, that's perfect for Finn and Rachel, thank you Sami." He smiled, and I raised my eyebrows.

"Actually, I meant for Blaine and I." I muttered and his mouth fell open.

"Oh. Well, I don't think that's the right way to go, then." He said, and I stood up.

"We could totally nail that song. I guarantee Rachel already has a jaw-dropping solo in there. You know good and well that the judges love to see versatility, and having Rachel do every song, is not showcasing other talents, which you claim to always do. Everything is always just given to Rachel, and if your thinking about how you feel bad for her because she bombed her audition, you need to get over it. She literally won Prom Queen, and let's be real right now, she's probably still going to get in because everybody loves Rachel Berry. Nobody can ever say no to her, but I have to sit here and work my ass off to even get a singular solo, which mind you, isn't even a solo, it's a duet, and the girl has the least amount of singing in it. I've had to come up and personally ask you for a solo every single competition. Has Rachel had to do that once? No. But you still decided to make everything about her. If the Troubletones hadn't literally quit because you kept handing everything to Rachel, they wouldn't even have a song and you probably would of given that slot to her. I'm sorry that I'm not as good as her, but I still deserve to not have to work as hard as I do for a minute in the spotlight. Thank you for your time, Mr. Schue." I stormed out, and I could feel his eyes on me.